Registrator Viewer - Can't join segments to save as a single video

kandrey89

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Panorama X2, GoPro 3/3+ Black
I have front and rear video.
I cut out a piece from the front video, the rear video and a slow-mo from the front, I then saved each piece individually, so I have 3 videos.
I press Ctrl+S and then reload all 3 videos, then adjust so that the slow-mo plays at the end, lowest index order, then save to file, but what ends up being saved is the front and the front slow-mo pieces, the rear never gets joined.

Is there a tutorial on how to cut, splice, slow down and join to save a whole video file?

The program is difficult to understand and use, a lot of hidden unexpected functionality that is hard to figure out how to use.

Yes.
upload_2015-7-17_2-14-21.png
I want 1st, then 3rd, then 2nd in that order to be joined. The 2nd is the slow-mo version.

When you export the first clips, uncheck the GPS option. Then try to combine the new GPS free clips. That's the trick to make clips stay compatible with certain other editors. Maybe the same will hold true for re-edits.

Unchecking metadata didn't help.
I now have 3 files:
1.mp4
2.mp4
3.mp4

I load them into the Cutter List to be saved in the order of 1,2,3 but it writes the video as 1,3,2. I try to group it together, and it groups it as 3,1-2. I try to save the whole group, and it saved it as 1,3,2.

I'd give up, cut the clips out in RV and then join them in Windows Movie Maker. Registrator Viewer is great when it works but there are things it can't do and although it doesn't always make it clear what the problem is, if it can't do it then it can't do it.

I load them into the Cutter List to be saved in the order of 1,2,3 but it writes the video as 1,3,2. I try to group it together, and it groups it as 3,1-2. I try to save the whole group, and it saved it as 1,3,2.
Upload these files somewhere so we can try by ourself (it may be easier to find the problem).

If you upload short pieces of those 3 in mega upload, I can try on my machine.
Try joining them without slow motion to get one file and use that to slow motion.

Or, use free av cutter joiner or gilisoft.
These don't do slow or fast though but join lossless if all the files are similar.
The joined file may be processed by registrator viewer for slow motion.

if one of the files is not same format or compression codec, you have to reencode to join together.

I think he's trying to keep the process lossless though. (no re-encode for the 2nd join)
Yeah, I am.
I can't post it yet because it's part of an armed home invasion and shots fired at police officers trial.

Yeah, I am.
I can't post it yet because it's part of an armed home invasion and shots fired at police officers trial.
That's pretty serious stuff.

do they really need to be joined together, software can play them in named order so just rename accordingly

Well, I'd like to have/show a single video, so yes I want to join them.

FYI, my dashcam caught how the shot was fired at officers, except it was just out of view. Suspect fired a shot into a rolling police car, no one was injured, but I have audio of the shot and tire screeching. :D

Sheesh, I might as well go back to using AviDeMux and VirtualDub.

Yeah, I am.
Make a Windows Movie Maker combined version, make sure it is saved at close to original bitrate so that you don't loose any quality and turn the volume up if helpful. Then supply it along with the original raw video in case forensics wants to look at it.

If you use a high bitrate in WMM then it is very hard to tell it from the original and everyone with a PC can play it's files.

RV does not recompress the video so if the video formats of the cameras are in any way incompatible then it can not combine the footage and you will never get it to do so.

Police already has my raw footage, this is for me.

RV does create a single file from all 3 files, the problem is the 3 file clips are in the wrong order, so it's not an issue with the clip format, but rather RV.

Police already has my raw footage, this is for me.

RV does create a single file from all 3 files, the problem is the 3 file clips are in the wrong order, so it's not an issue with the clip format, but rather RV.

did you email Vadim and ask?

Back