Registrator Viewer - Display Issue

DT MI

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
More than my wife thinks I need.
Whenever I view a video in Registrator Viewer it will always open in a separate "ActiveMovie Window" (that is the title of the window itself) instead of the video pane in the program itself. Is this normal?... How do I get the video to display in the primary program display window?

The separate window is OK for viewing but if I want to clip and/or join segments it would be easier working in a single window.

I've gone through every option I can find in the program but cannot change this behavior. The attached screen capture shows what I'm talking about.
ScreenCapture.jpg ScreenCapture.jpg ScreenCapture.jpg

Registrator Viewer ver. 6.0.0.1
Windows 7, SP1

Thanks in advance for any help.

In 'Playback' menu SELECT 'Render' is this set to 'Simple'. If so try selecting 'EVR (Windows Vista / 7, etc' and see if that makes any difference.

Thanks for the response. I've tried all 3 options under 'Render' with no change in this behavior. :(

It's more likely a codec issue (ie K-Lite codec pack) than RV - may be worth a read of this:

http://forum.thegamecreators.com/?m=forum_view&t=196690&b=1
Thanks for pointing me to this. Don't know where it will lead me but at least I have somewhere to look.

I did not install the K-Lite codec pack as the RV site indicated it wasn't necessary for Win 7. I think the next step will be to install it and see if the behavior changes.

Again, thanks...

It's more likely a codec issue (ie K-Lite codec pack) than RV - may be worth a read of this:

Ta-Da!!!! Success!!!

I installed the codec pack but the separate window still appeared. However, when the codecs were installing I got a pop-up message indicating the driver(s) for my video card were outdated.

Updated the video driver and everything worked well - even better as the rendering was much smoother. But now I didn't know if it was a codec issue, driver issue or a combination of both, so I uninstalled the codec pack and tried RV again. It worked but now I was getting a message from RV that it was missing an audio driver - something that I don't remember having seen before. It may have been that the codec pack overlaid the audio codec and when I uninstalled the pack the audio codec got deleted at that time. I then reinstalled the codec pack and all is well. :D

Thank you very much for pointing me in the right direction.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Want to post on update cautioning everyone about a problem I encountered when downloading the K-Lite codec pack.

I clicked the link on the RV web site to get the codecs. In the process my computer was infected with the 'MyWebSearch' browser add-in. It took me about 4 hours to identify the problem and figure out how to remove it. I know that's where it came from as it was the only site I visited where I downloaded any software and it showed up right after that.

Last edited:
Back