Registrator Viewer Incorrect Speed Mini 0805- Fixed

Buckeye4

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Mini 0803, Mini 0805
Just received an updated version (6.0.0.8) from the developer. Sent a email with the issue some of us were having with incorrect MPH speed being displayed to Vadim (listed on web site as contact) and he sent back a new download. Suggested he post this new version on his web site. Current version on the site is 6.0.0.1.

The fix corrected the low incorrect speed being displayed in MPH when viewing Mini 0805 videos. Old version worked great with my Mini 0803, no speed problem. Have no idea about new releases or anything else. Just got the update as an attachment to his email.

Good work! Should we just wait for his site to be updated?

Email him and he'll send it to you if needed, going by the version number it's possibly close to next release anyway, the release versions are much smaller than the beta versions if that's a consideration

Just received an updated version (6.0.0.8) from the developer. Sent a email with the issue some of us were having with incorrect MPH speed being displayed to Vadim (listed on web site as contact) and he sent back a new download. Suggested he post this new version on his web site. Current version on the site is 6.0.0.1.

Is this issue just part of GPS latency? I tested this by calling out speeds from my speedometer, and the GPS MPH readout was usually 2-3 seconds after I hit whatever mark I shout. Does this build offer a small latency?

The embedded speed will always be behind as it's not real time, should only lag by about 2 seconds in Registrator Viewer though

How many satellites it has locked will affect the accuracy, the more it has the more accurate it is

hmm, a possible feature request for Registrator, apply an optional 2-3 second time shift to the speed readout.

hmm, a possible feature request for Registrator, apply an optional 2-3 second time shift to the speed readout.
It appears to already have a correction for that, seems to match to 1/10th second for my 0803 despite it only being recorded at 1Hz (tested by driving through a tunnel, changing speed in the tunnel and seeing how fast it corrects as it reacquired the GPS signal on exiting the tunnel). Maybe the next version will include a calibration for the 0805/0806...

Back