Release Imminent?

Final costs are still being calculated after some final per-production changes are done before final MSRP will be set. It should cost less than 2 A119 or 2 A119S though.

Is it still expected to be available this month?

i asked support via Chat, on Viofo's website and was told 2-3 weeks this morning

Under specs it says it supports 256GB memory cards, glad to see that. :)

Bluetooth remote is optional but I can't seem to find it or the price for it on the site. I know things just went live today so we'll find out soon enough I am sure.

@OCD Tronic and @CaptureYourAction, any idea when you may be getting these in the USA for Prime delivery?

Last edited:

Bluetooth remote is optional but I can't seem to find it or the price for it on the site. I know things just went live today so we'll find out soon enough I am sure.

@OCD Tronic , any idea when you may be getting these in the USA for Prime delivery?

It says the GPS mount is optional as well, but its listed under "PACKAGE INCLUDES". However the remote isn't listed there.

It says the GPS mount is optional as well, but its listed under "PACKAGE INCLUDES". However the remote isn't listed there.
Yep, noticed that as well after looking around the listing and site a bit more. I'm sure it'll all get corrected in short time.

I haven't seen mention of the length of the cable connecting front to rear camera but I'll go under the assumption it is the same length beta testers got and it is just shy of 20 feet. Actually, I'm going to verify with Viofo as mine had to be that length, a foot less and I won't have enough to make the run.

Edit: I reached out to them concerning the length of the cable and the price and availability of the remote button as it is not on their website. I'll post here once i receive an answer if Viofo doesn't chime in on here themselves.

Last edited:
generally takes about 2 weeks for Amazon to get into their warehouse for Prime delivery
Thanks jokiin, appreciate the info. I had ordered my Pro direct from Viofo and had I waited I could have gotten it sooner waiting for supply to arrive here in the US. Not sure if that'll hold true for the A129 as well but I think I'll take the chance.

Thanks jokiin, appreciate the info. I had ordered my Pro direct from Viofo and had I waited I could have gotten it sooner waiting for supply to arrive here in the US. Not sure if that'll hold true for the A129 as well but I think I'll take the chance.

generally 4 to 5 days for stock to arrive in the USA, the setup in Amazon can take a week or so depending on the time of year, probably around a week at this time of year, can stretch out to a few weeks around peak trading season, Black Friday, Christmas etc

I caved and bought one to put in my girlfriends car. Will report back when I get it. Still waiting for the SG9663DR for my car.

I’ve ordered one as wanting to replace my aging A118, and has the benefit of a screen and WiFi. Curious if the rear cam will affect my Dab signal. If it does then may not use the rear camera as camera is still a good price compared to most on sale in the uk.

I’ve ordered one as wanting to replace my aging A118, and has the benefit of a screen and WiFi. Curious if the rear cam will affect my Dab signal. If it does then may not use the rear camera as camera is still a good price compared to most on sale in the uk.
Keep the cable well away from your DAB antenna cable and you should be OK. No guarantee though since it also depends on the quality of the DAB antenna.

.... may not use the rear camera as camera is still a good price compared to most on sale in the uk.
If you may not be using the rear camera, you can pick up a single channel A119 or A119S for a lot less.

Keep the cable well away from your DAB antenna cable and you should be OK. No guarantee though since it also depends on the quality of the DAB antenna.
The antenna is on the rear window itself so kinda expecting it to affect the signal tbh, and be more of a surprise if it doesn’t. But know that what affects the DAB signal can be different for every car.

The antenna is on the rear window itself so kinda expecting it to affect the signal tbh, and be more of a surprise if it doesn’t. But know that what affects the DAB signal can be different for every car.

good chance that will be a problem

If you may not be using the rear camera, you can pick up a single channel A119 or A119S for a lot less.
True, but been kinda wanting a rear cam for ages, and someone needs to see if it messes with DAB much, so might as well try it myself.

True, but been kinda wanting a rear cam for ages, and someone needs to see if it messes with DAB much, so might as well try it myself.
Fair point. Both Nigel and I have been testing the A129, but neither of us have DAB radio AFAIK.

You can always fit a proper roof antenna for the DAB!

In single channel use it's not actually the same as an A119S anyway, for example it uses the next generation of Novatek processor and has a Wi-Fi app.

@OCD Tronic and @CaptureYourAction, any idea when you may be getting these in the USA for Prime delivery?
Not sure yet. I need to check in with Viofo.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D A129 / 129 Duo 26
Back