Replace battery with Capacitor?

George Saltsman

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have a Splashetech mini 805 that is showing signs of needing a new battery (file system corrupting, etc). Given the climate in Texas, the unit would be better served with a capacitor. Can this be done? What size should it be? Or do I just need to get a new battery and go with that?

get a new battery, without (at minimum) some firmware changes you'll fine it unreliable, ideally the hardware needs to be designed with capacitor use in mind

replacing to a new battery will extend use of your mini, but in Texas hot climate you never know how long it will last. You might want start thinking about some capacitor based dascham.

Hoped I could do a swap, but understand the reasons it would need new firmware. I'll replace the battery for now and start looking for a new capacitor-based unit. At least the batteries are inexpensive. Thanks!

Hi,

What you can esaily do is to relocate the battery to somewhere else but that would mean an additional cable coming out of the dashcam.

Just place the battery in a compartment where it would not get hot and voila you solved the Problem of heating the battery.

regards Rainer

Last edited:
Back