replay software stutter

I'm sure your Windows machine is very capable machine :), but surely the software should be aimed at the average capabilities of contemporary machines and not just those with a dedicated powerful graphics card. I am not convinced that hardware is the problem though as can be demonstrated by using alternate software such as Dashcam Viewer which is more than happy to playback the same NextBase 4k footage on my stock MacBook graphics processor that Replay 3 struggles with.

Best NextBase Support,

I too have come here to share my frustration about the NEXTBASE Replay 3 software not being able to play back my video's in a smooth way.
I have bought a dashcam that's supposed to record video as its primary function. Being able to play back this video with the metadata without hickups every 3 seconds seems not something terrible strange to ask right?
I'm very willing to work with you to resolve this issue. For starters here the specifications of the video and the hardware that I'm using to play back the video:

Apple MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Early 2015)
Processor: 2,7 GHz Intel Core i5
Memory: 8 GB 1867 MHz DDR3
Storage: 256GB SSD
Graphics: Intel Iris Graphics 6100 1536 MB

Dashcam model: 512 GW
Firmware: R22.5
Videofiles: 1080p @ 60fps
Bitrate: roughly 20mbit/s on average
File storage location: Laptop SSD drive, so copied from the SD card before.

I'd say that this hardware should be capable of playing the video, as VLC or as others suggested here Firefox both prove very well.
Is there currently any work going on to improve on this issue? Can I help in any way to get to the bottom of this?

Last edited:
I have registered an account on this forum to also specifically empathize my frustration with the Nextbase Replay 3 software; the playback constantly stutters. This is also true for the Nextbase app on iOS.

I have the Nextbase 312GW with the latest firmware update and I've had the dash cam for around 2 and half years. The playback isn't an issue in any other software, only in Nextbase Replay 3.

My computer specifications are:

Intel Xeon E3-1230 v2 (4 cores / 8 threads)
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3-1600Mhz RAM (2x 8GB)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680
Kingston 240GB SSD / Kingston 240GB SSD / WDC 1TB HDD
Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

A computer like that should be able to play the videos on the Replay software, you have the files you play on the computer right ? cuz playing from the camera or the memory card in a slow card reader will cause stuttering and playback issues.

Back