Reset button not always enough...

petepete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
So my camera jammed and technically was dead with just the blue light on when coupled to power and no possibility of entering the function of menu ...

Bricked if you like...

First thought was a reset which I dually performed to no avail..

Bricked .. apparently no chance of recovery.

I swore just a bit as the bin was full :mad:...:D

As a last resort on any electrical device with a battery,

I decided to remove the back and disconnect the battery by clipping the +ve wire, gave it a minute and recoupled...

On re coupling I didn't even need to reset it as it booted up and has been fine since :D

Just so you "bricked" guys know and have a final step to perform when all else has failed.

was my g1wh...

Glad to hear that you got your camera functioning again but the idea of disconnecting power to any "frozen" or oddly behaving computerized device is old news. Often if you call tech support for a wide variety of electronic devices and gadgets disconnecting the power and then plugging it back in is the first thing that will be recommended.

Glad to hear that you got your camera functioning again but the idea of disconnecting power to any "frozen" or oddly behaving computerized device is old news. Often if you call tech support for a wide variety of electronic devices and gadgets disconnecting the power and then plugging it back in is the first thing that will be recommended.

true but...

how many bricked cams do we hear of and how many people even think of doing it to a dashcam as the reset button appears to wrap off everything on the camera ...

true but...

how many bricked cams do we hear of and how many people even think of doing it to a dashcam as the reset button appears to wrap off everything on the camera ...

I have no idea. Many people who own dash cams and other gadgets are clueless. Perhaps it's good that you are attempting to bring attention to this issue after your remarkable discovery. ;)

I have no idea. Many people who own dash cams and other gadgets are clueless. Perhaps it's good that you are attempting to bring attention to this issue after your remarkable discovery. ;)

It all went downhill when you added "who own dashcams and other gadgets" :rolleyes::p:D

If my camera ever has a similar problem, the first thing I'll do is re-flashing it with the same firmware.

If my camera ever has a similar problem, the first thing I'll do is re-flashing it with the same firmware.

Mine wouldn't switch on to flash no matter how hard I willed it to !

Too bad you didn't remember to install an external battery power switch, so that if it happens again you can cut the battery power without opening the camera again. :)

Back