Resetting the Time and Date Format

pdmike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
Blackvue DR750S 2-CH
After a lot of fiddling around, I was finally able to get my videos recorded with the proper time designation on them. Now I want to go one step further - rather than recording military time and a date designation of 20180521, I would like to set it to 6:52PM and May 21, 2018. I know it can be done, but I don't know how.

How?

If you are talking about the filenames, then I don't think you can. Having the date as 2018 05 21 ensures the files are listed in the right order by having the most significant part of the date (year) on the left as is the accepted format for numbers.

What us Brits can't understand is why you Americans mix up the date anyway. We have least the significant bit to the left as in 21/05/2018. The logical way is either MSB (year) first and LSB (day) last as in 2018/05/21 or LSB first and MSB last as in 21/05/2018, but you peeps from the other side of the pond really screw it up completely as 05/21/2018 by sticking the LSB in the middle. That format is just plain silly because it makes a list of dates difficult to sort correctly.:ROFLMAO:
Not only that but is 02/04 the second of April or the fourth of February? Oh the ambiguity of the language usage. You could crash a spacecraft into Mars by making a simple mistake such as that.:D

What us Brits can't understand
Not just Brits, but also a good half of the world :) On other hand, measuring systems in the UK are not much better - litres, mpg, pints, miles, meters, km, pounds, stones, kg, grams... everything is mixed up. And my favourite is - hot and cold taps!

If you are talking about the filenames, then I don't think you can. Having the date as 2018 05 21 ensures the files are listed in the right order by having the most significant part of the date (year) on the left as is the accepted format for numbers.

What us Brits can't understand is why you Americans mix up the date anyway. We have least the significant bit to the left as in 21/05/2018. The logical way is either MSB (year) first and LSB (day) last as in 2018/05/21 or LSB first and MSB last as in 21/05/2018, but you peeps from the other side of the pond really screw it up completely as 05/21/2018 by sticking the LSB in the middle. That format is just plain silly because it makes a list of dates difficult to sort correctly.:ROFLMAO:
Not only that but is 02/04 the second of April or the fourth of February? Oh the ambiguity of the language usage. You could crash a spacecraft into Mars by making a simple mistake such as that.:D
Take a look at Post #4 on my recent thread, "What Time Is It?" I would copy that post and show you here, but I haven't yet learned how to copy posts on this forum.

Back