Review - Aukey DR02 J '4K' AR0521 NT96660

yes tony, due to not been able to upgrade my own cctv at the moment, the best other option I've found to get good HD quality footage is to stick a dash cam in my front bedroom widow, I do have a Viofo G1W-s at the moment recording 24/7 with a 64gb card, but I would like to put the smaller Aukey in its place. this footage is from the Viofo, best watched in HD in YouTube settings
The native sensor resolution is 1440p, so I would suggest using that. At 30fps the bitrate was 17.7Mbps. I did not see a quality option to vary the bitrate. Your 64GB card would be enough for just 8 hours at 1440p.
The 1080p video is cropped in from the 1440p frame, so you get a smaller FOV. It might use a lower bitrate though which could be good for you.

If you don't need 30fps video and sound, you can use the time lapse video option. I figured it would be very good for parking mode. I think it would be great for video surveillance too. You will get much longer recordings on the card.

yes I have just checked the 1080p settings although its clearer than the 1440p for some unknown reason, it does not give me the wider view I need, so I'm going to keep it on the 1440p for now and see how well it copes. in all I think the cheaper Viofo G1W-S wins hands down and its half the price of this Aukey. so I'm going to put it in a draw and try and forget about it. that's two cameras from Aukey that I would well avoid. tried to upload 3 screen shots but image to large and I did not want to resize as that would give a false image on what I would want to show.

Just been Looking and although I am far from been tech wise on dash cams just wondered if the cropped 1080p settings as anything to do with this been a MP4 video file format camera rather than the MOV format ? I have re look on and compered videos on 1440p and 2160 on my 4k tv and yes I can tell that there is less pixilation and clearer footage just testing other settings now and frame rates. so sorry I was just a bit over keen to judge this camera in the wrong light before actually viewing the footage on a device that was capable of 4k resolution. although already mention its not true 4k camera. but now seeing the footage on a 4k TV its not doing a bad job. these samples I have seen are all been static. also I've checked the 1296 resolution and that's cropped as well.

Last edited:
just to update you Aukey has sent me a file to download to resolve the cropped video footage. I have tried this file on all the 1080p and the 1296p settings and it did not work for me may be I did not download it right can anyone else with this camera try see if I did something wrong. sorry I thought I could copy and paste the file on here.

Back