Review: VIOFO A119 1440p GPS Dashcam - NT96660 + OV4689 (Gearbest)

I see in the unboxing video a white string provided, what is for ??

what is this FEATURE recording stops ?? feature they say, this is a bug, from my experience i setup dash cam and forget about it COMPLETY until I need a specific video, let me tel you that even the boot/shutdown beep is a big issue for me, I do not want to hear it each time I turn ignition on/off.

Why would recording stop ??!! does it have the auto loop function ?

what is this FEATURE recording stops ?? feature they say, this is a bug, from my experience i setup dash cam and forget about it COMPLETY until I need a specific video, let me tel you that even the boot/shutdown beep is a big issue for me, I do not want to hear it each time I turn ignition on/off.

Why would recording stop ??!! does it have the auto loop function ?
There is no shutdown beep, only a startup beep. Not sure I understand what you mean by "FEATURE recording stops". You can never forget about any dashcam. You should always occasionally check your dash camera footage to make sure everything is working as it should. Never assume it is...on any dash camera.

You can never forget about any dashcam. You should always occasionally check your dash camera footage to make sure everything is working as it should. Never assume it is...on any dash camera.
I have been living with time for almost a year with GT300 dashcam, I only check the video when there is an accident or something very interesting because I lock the desired video, and get back to watch a week after or more, I mean it is there it will never be overitten.

Format warning and beep when recording stops.
For the beep when recording stops, it's very good warning so we don't forget it.
That is what I mean by FEATURE, Sunny said it is a very good thing

Also,
If you watch the video, I stopped the recording but it could stop if the card is bad/full.
when card is full, recording stops ??? where is the auto loop function ??

FEATURE, Sunny said it is a very good thing
Yes, it is a great feature. If camera is not recording it will tell you that it is not recording by flashing the REC LED and alert sounds. When you will hear the alert beeps and see red LED flashing you will look why your camera is not recording.
Great feature, no?

A camera can not record if it does not have the card inserted or if the user manually stopped the recording or if the card have some problem.

enjoy,
Mtz

Ok if a card has some problem or no card at all, good feature to beep, I thought there is no loop recording if card is full !
thanks, I will probabely buy this cam in the next few days, I am impressed with the quality but still looking if there is no big issues with it :)

Ok if a card has some problem or no card at all, good feature to beep, I thought there is no loop recording if card is full !
thanks, I will probabely buy this cam in the next few days, I am impressed with the quality but still looking if there is no big issues with it :)
when card is full up it will start again fron the top and erase each file replacing with a new one and what ever you set for loop it will loop the same

Registrator Viewer works with the A119 when you use the GPX Extractor program addressed in this thread.

https://dashcamtalk.com/forum/conversations/a119-video-for-gps-data-extraction.8661/#message-40032

RodeoGeorge

Was also looking for info on best method to extract GPS data from A119 MP4 clips, link you provided is dead.
Is there another program that can display the A119 GPS tracking map?
Has anyone with A119 & GPS with firmware V2.0 tried viewing the raw MP4 with Registrator Viewer v6001 to see if it reads it or can extract it?
(I heard the developer of Registrator Viewer was killed in a motorcycle accident recently.)

My first reply to a thread, I hope I'm doing it correctly.
Great review Sunny! I have one question before I buy.
Did you ever get the A119 ADAS functions to work?
If you did get them to function, at what speed(s) do the FCWS and LDWS begin to function?
Thank You
Heyjohnson

My first reply to a thread, I hope I'm doing it correctly.
Great review Sunny! I have one question before I buy.
Did you ever get the A119 ADAS functions to work?
If you did get them to function, at what speed(s) do the FCWS and LDWS begin to function?
Thank You
Heyjohnson
Not worth it.
It's wedge shaped and partially behind the mirror so can't see any warning.
As for warning sounds, they are not loud enough to notice.

One issue to mention:
The date/time is resetting back to 20160911 few times.
I drive this car everyday so it shouldn't happen.

Back