Review: VIOFO A119 1440p GPS Dashcam - NT96660 + OV4689 (Gearbest)

Hey Sunny, great review. Can the GPS unit be disabled so speed and location is not recorded in the videos or displayed anywhere?

Hey Sunny, great review. Can the GPS unit be disabled so speed and location is not recorded in the videos or displayed anywhere?
If you no need GPS logger function,you can buy Non-GPS version.Or you can switch off GPS in its menu setting :
TB2YBSOacrC11Bjy1zjXXcduVXa_!!2788558980.jpg

If you no need GPS logger function,you can buy Non-GPS version.Or you can switch off GPS in its menu setting :
TB2YBSOacrC11Bjy1zjXXcduVXa_!!2788558980.jpg
Someone mentioned that even though the GPS function was disabled, the speed still gets displayed on the screen so I was curious. From looking at the unboxing video, I think I can use the non GPS mount then?

Someone mentioned that even though the GPS function was disabled, the speed still gets displayed on the screen so I was curious. From looking at the unboxing video, I think I can use the non GPS mount then?
I will try it and give you answer later.

if switch GPS off,its speed Not display on camera screen!
also,we playback it by register viewer,its speed and its GPS logger not display in this player!
TB2heuTabbC11BjSszbXXXRbpXa_!!2788558980.jpg

TB2aryVannB11BjSspdXXaTIpXa_!!2788558980.jpg

Last edited:
The latest firmware can hide it from the videos but GPS information still is embedded.
If you really don't need gps, don't use gps mount.
The only downside is there is no power port on the non GPS mount so you have to unplug cable when taking the camera out.

Thanks all for the info. I do like that the GPS mount has a power outlet. So is the GP s info embedded in the video file? i.e. If I copy the video file from the micro SD card, can the GPS info be extracted? Or is GPS info only available when viewing the video from plugging the camera into a computer?

Few more daytime videos: watch in highest available resolution.
Morning Sun on the foothills:

Low hanging clouds:

I was watching your samples, did you notice what seems to be dust on your sensor near the top left of the screen?

I was watching your samples, did you notice what seems to be dust on your sensor near the top left of the screen?
Could be fingerprint or some dust. I haven't checked.

Could be fingerprint or some dust. I haven't checked.
Dust/fingerprints on the lens wouldn't show up. It's either on your windshield or on the image sensor.

I ask because several reviews of the A119 on Amazon mentioned having dust on the image sensor. Then I saw your video and wonder how widespread this might be.

I sent back my A118, and am installing my A119 tonight. Will post if I see dust in the video.

Why are you speeding .... over 60 mph in a 45 mph That's why a GPS may bite you in the ass.

I've had my (spytec) Viofo A119 a few days now. No bright pixels at night, no dust on the sensor during the day. Black mounting 3M tape. All in all very happy with this one versus the Rexing V1P I returned (A118 clone with battery).

One question: I kind of expected that I would be able to review footage directly on the A119's screen, like I was able to on the Rexing V1P. Apparently we can't? Am I mistaken? Seems like a must-have feature for watching footage at the site of a crash.

I've had my (spytec) Viofo A119 a few days now. No bright pixels at night, no dust on the sensor during the day. Black mounting 3M tape. All in all very happy with this one versus the Rexing V1P I returned (A118 clone with battery).

One question: I kind of expected that I would be able to review footage directly on the A119's screen, like I was able to on the Rexing V1P. Apparently we can't? Am I mistaken? Seems like a must-have feature for watching footage at the site of a crash.
You can watch the videos on the A119.

Ok, scoured the quick start guide and figured it out. It's hidden inside the "exclamation" button. Not super intuitive, especially coming from the Rexing, which truth be told had a better UI layout IMO. Not that I'm complaining, this is clearly the better overall unit.

Hello,
I want to buy this but I am afraid the recorded videos will be blurring when it heats up like A118, does it ? or the video quality is always the same ?
Thanks

hmm so the video are not blurry for A119 when it heats up ??

Back