REVIEW: Viofo A139 Pro vs 70mai A810 Comparison

I have argued for very sensitive G-sensor for when parked, and it seem like i have been given that with the Vantrue N5 i test, CUZ i am now testing G-sensor parking guard, and it appear a normal rain shower are enough to set off the G-sensor which i have on its most sensitive setting.

I did not take rain into account when asking / mentioning i would like very sensitive G-sensors for when parked.
Today i will try a lesser sensitive setting and see how that go, sadly there are more rain on the way in this Danish summer

I prefer the traditional wedge form of the 229 series VS the A 139 which i call a hybrid design, barrel shape + wedge combined, the A139 shape work just fine but i feel it is very wide on the windscreen.
The A800S i am also testing, it is a lot smaller than the A139 even if its the same kind of design.

Thanks for the review. I was planning on buying the A139 Pro, but seeing the results of A810, I think I will wait for it to become available in EU. It sucks that we can't preorder it here for early-bird price.
My main two concerns with the A810 are the only 2.4Ghz wifi and not using Starvis chip for the rear camera.

Honestly, the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi wasn't too bad for me with the 70mai. Reviewing the dash cam footage via the app was quite fast and smooth for me. 70mai's live view had less delay than the A139 Pro.
The only scenario I can think of, where the 5GHz would outperform on the Viofo is when downloading the footage via the app.

Regarding rear camera... yes, the colour and quality is quite bad on the 70mai... but I think this is reflected in the price of the dash cam.

Honestly, the 2.4GHz Wi-Fi wasn't too bad for me with the 70mai. Reviewing the dash cam footage via the app was quite fast and smooth for me. 70mai's live view had less delay than the A139 Pro.
The only scenario I can think of, where the 5GHz would outperform on the Viofo is when downloading the footage via the app.
Glad to hear that, thank you. Right, not all 2.4GHz are the same. I was just a bit skeptical because the 2.4GHz Wifi on my Mivue J85 was useless. The live view delay was about 10 seconds and downloading one 5 minut clip took like 15 minutes.

Regarding rear camera... yes, the colour and quality is quite bad on the 70mai... but I think this is reflected in the price of the dash cam.
That's a shame, I wish they offered an upgrade for it so people can decide if they want to spend a little bit more for higher quality camera, but that would also probably need a better CPU to process it so it's not just about the rear cam.

Are you talking about the A229 Pro possibly? I know there are already some Duos. Hopefully they can bring some smart features as well. I like the idea of an IA detection in parking mode on the A810, also the ability to add a 4G modem.
Viofo cameras have superb video quality, but not as much of the smart features. I couldn't even find any info if the A139 Pro saves the previous clip while emergency recording if within first 15secs of current clip.
If the G-sensor is triggered during the front 15 seconds of this clip, it will lock the current clip and the last clip. If you press during the last 15 seconds of the current clip, it will lock the current clip and the next one.

The lack of a capacitor is a deal breaker for me. Those small batteries will die and cause problems.

Wonder if 1x4G hardwire kit can control 2 different 70mai A810 cameras - if so - then maybe this will be my setup :)

The A810 uses an cylindrical 14500 lithium ion cell, easily replaced, should be safer and more robust than an pouch lipo cell
I think that your comment just made me decide to buy 2 x 70mai A810 with 4G hardwire kit setup

I dont think you can run 2 of those systems off the one 4G access point ?

I dont think you can run 2 of those systems off the one 4G access point ?
Yeah i don’t think so either.
I’ll guess it will be 2 x 70mai A810 with 2 x 4g hardwire.. the question is if i can add 2 cameras to 1 app ?
Maybe i will take one of the kits with the rear camera and use it as interior camera.

Is it acting only as AP ? Besides the hardwiring of course.
If i take the regular hardwire and connect the camera to different lte ap which runs on the car - it will make the job done as well ?

Yeah i don’t think so either.
I’ll guess it will be 2 x 70mai A810 with 2 x 4g hardwire.. the question is if i can add 2 cameras to 1 app ?
Maybe i will take one of the kits with the rear camera and use it as interior camera.

Is it acting only as AP ? Besides the hardwiring of course.
If i take the regular hardwire and connect the camera to different lte ap which runs on the car - it will make the job done as well ?
Yes you will be able to add two cameras to the app. They have unique identifiers but you will have to switch between the two WiFi’s to control it (if not in 4G mode)

Yes you will be able to add two cameras to the app. They have unique identifiers but you will have to switch between the two WiFi’s to control it (if not in 4G mode)
Thank you.
Wonder how the 4G is really working and if it have good parking mode capabilities because the options are limited

Thank you.
Wonder how the 4G is really working and if it have good parking mode capabilities because the options are limited
I can’t attest to the 4G kit. It’s not available in North America and I wasn’t provided with one either. Maybe some users from the Omni with 4G kit can chime in?

I can’t attest to the 4G kit. It’s not available in North America and I wasn’t provided with one either. Maybe some users from the Omni with 4G kit can chime in?
Yeah I know that :)
Just throw it out in here
Wonder if anyone ran dual individual camera setup and can share thoughts

Does the motion sensor monitor both cameras or only the front one?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lisabon_Q3 A810 11
Back