REXING M2-4 4 Channel Mirror Cam Testing

mentadent

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dash Cam
VIOFO A139, VIOFO A139 Pro, VIOFO A119 Mini 2, VIOFO A229...
I've been testing out this REXING camera that is unusual as it has two waterproof outside cameras for the left and right.

• I've had it running constantly for 48 hours without a problem.
  • It doesn't get very hot.
  • The screen can display a live stream from the cameras, and you can select which cameras are showing. It can also display a clock.
  • The GPS gets accurate time.
  • Bitrate is about 10 Mbps.
  • I could read license plates easily on the side cameras during the day.
  • Night quality was pretty good too.
  • It turns on quickly. It has a hardwiring kit with parking mode. If you pull the power, it saves the videos.
  • Videos are stored as .ts files but play in VLC and Windows Media Player without a problem. They are H264 and AAC.
  • A CPL filter would be nice for the front camera but is not available.
  • The cable connectors are pleasantly compact, and labelled.
I think the quality of the side cameras are very good. 1080p probably helps run things without high temperatures.

I bet if they made this hardware with 2 or 3 channels on external cameras as a box, designed for the cameras to be outside, it would be a hit too.

Here are my video samples:

Last edited:
I bet if they made this hardware with 2 or 3 channels on external cameras as a box, designed for the cameras to be outside, it would be a hit too.

Yeah, like the viofo motocycle cameras, but with the rexing shape for the side cameras.

Have you tried out the parking mode at all?

I think the quality of the side cameras are very good. 1080p probably helps run things without high temperatures.
I find that 1080p is more than adequate for side cameras.

Can you adjust the angle the side cameras are pointing on the REXING? In some ways the perspective seems to almost duplicate much of the rear camera coverage and offer less lateral coverage than a typical side view camera,

Thank you for taking the time to test it out and share your feedback, we really appreciate it. We will definitely take into account the CPL Filters.

I've been testing out this REXING camera that is unusual as it has two waterproof outside cameras for the left and right.

• I've had it running constantly for 48 hours without a problem.
  • It doesn't get very hot.
  • The screen can display a live stream from the cameras, and you can select which cameras are showing. It can also display a clock.
  • The GPS gets accurate time.
  • Bitrate is about 10 Mbps.
  • I could read license plates easily on the side cameras during the day.
  • Night quality was pretty good too.
  • It turns on quickly. It has a hardwiring kit with parking mode. If you pull the power, it saves the videos.
  • Videos are stored as .ts files but play in VLC and Windows Media Player without a problem. They are H264 and AAC.
  • A CPL filter would be nice for the front camera but is not available.
  • The cable connectors are pleasantly compact, and labelled.

Here are my video samples:

Just watched your video at full HD but the quality seems blocky. Is that the original footage or has it been converted to something else?

The side camera/s is a great idea was it difficult to install?
The mirror camera seems to have a lot of movement. Is it firmly mounted?

I have not tried out the parking mode.

The side cameras are not adjustable.

The side cameras are really easy to mount. They have adhesive to stick on the outside of your car, then the wire has thick soft protection and goes through the gap in your door. It actually looks like it is from the factory on my car as some of the trim is black plastic.

The mirror camera may have wobbled a little as my rear view mirror isn't strong enough perhaps.

YouTube always recompresses the videos. Here are two raw videos. One is in the original .ts format and one in MP4. It has not been reencoded.

https://litter.catbox.moe/irmig8.ts
https://litter.catbox.moe/dzh3xx.mp4

The files are only available for 3 days on that service so please download if you are interested.

With the screen ON, it uses 4.6 watts on lowest brightness, and 6.9 watts on highest brightness

With the screen OFF, it uses only 3.7 watts when recording all four channels.

The main unit gets to about 35C.

20240817T001947.jpg

The rear and side cameras get to about 32C.

Back