Right Angle Micro SD Adapter

sbaker002

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does such a thing exist?

MicroSD card with a right angle socket, so you can plug and unplug a MicroSD where access to the socket is otherwise impossible.

My rear view mirror has a rain/light sensor so it's quite bulky. I've got my A118 Dashcam mounted on the right side of the mirror, but the SD slot is on the left of the device annoyingly.

I don't want to move it to the left side, as the back of the mirror has a light sensor, and it will block it.

I've created a quick example showing what I mean.

Right%20Angle%20SD%20copy_zps8ze9vgfg.jpg

I already have an extension as below, problem is the connector is really bulky, and it's still really tight. It doesn't have much room before it gets to the bulky mirror connection.

That one linked to looks a bit less bulky around the "card" end though.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/151523243968
$_57.JPG

@Dashmellow did raise a good point last time we mentioned these in that they could be putting unforeseen stress on the components of the camera - like I say one of these worked great with my X2 but but the lower quality cameras you may see issues.

It would be quite interesting to see the results of a CrystalDiskMark test of your microSD card with and without that extension cable to see if it is slowing things down on your PC.

I did see a speed drop on my TFTec adaptor I have here but even then it was fast enough for dashcam use.

Back