Right out of the box Xiaomi yi footage. Any noticeable issue to fix ?

sandouitch

Reaction score
Country
Switzerland
Hi there :)
I just got my Yi camera yesterday after a long, long, long waiting from Gearbest (I will never order from them again). Here is a vid in 1080p Ntsc@60fps I shot a few minutes ago. Tell me if I need to fix anything. N°Z23L

Last edited by a moderator:
BTW Do I have the only camera that goes super hot when idle ? Setting to 1080p at 60fps and the on off button is getting hot as ****

from the YouTube video i see no major problem. it seems they have fixed this focus problem and the microphone problem.

Hey Sandouitch! My camera also seems to get hot when idle. I just turn it on and leave there, wifi on also, and in a minute or so it gets hot. It seems to keep heating until it reaches a point where it heats no more but it is some concerning having it getting hot while not doing anything. Were you able to sort this out? Is there anything we can do?

i would like some help if possible. my picture in good sunlight come alittle white.. i dont have any custom ash file.. do i need to set manual ISO? or change something like that so picture come out more "real" here is samples

i would like some help if possible. my picture in good sunlight come alittle white.. i dont have any custom ash file.. do i need to set manual ISO? or change something like that so picture come out more "real" here is samples

I'd suggest you to use Photoshop instead of modifing the cam. The photos are pretty sharp, other adjustments can be done easily in PS.
(attached photo was modified with 3 clicks... with more time and knowledge there are even better results possible) ;)

Attachments

• YDXJ0377_m.jpg
    YDXJ0377_m.jpg
    176.3 KB · Views: 112
  • YDXJ0377.jpg
    YDXJ0377.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 103
I'd suggest you to use Photoshop instead of modifing the cam. The photos are pretty sharp, other adjustments can be done easily in PS.
(attached photo was modified with 3 clicks... with more time and knowledge there are even better results possible) ;)
Hello, i do have photshop and i used it in the past alittle.
looking at your picture the sharpness gets really bad, but quialty in general looks very good!
what did you do to picture? (if its just a few clicks id like a small guide and the rest i will figure alone :) )

Well the sharpness loss comes from compression due to the file size and resolution constraints for uploading in this forum.
I did adjust the saturation (strg+U) a little bit (+20) and autoadjustments on levels (strg+L)

i would like some help if possible. my picture in good sunlight come alittle white.. i dont have any custom ash file.. do i need to set manual ISO? or change something like that so picture come out more "real" here is samples ...
To me, that looks like lens flare from dirty or damaged/scratched lens; something wrong optically. Getting a lot of light scattering in the optical path before arriving at the sensor. Other photos I've seen from the Yi camera, including my own, don't look like that.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bal
23l and 22l cameras have lens without IR cut filter ( by the way gopro 4 be too) . Because of that pictures and videos have this white effect (IR radiation)

Here some tests with irc (22 ) vs no irc (23l ) cameras https://cloud.mail.ru/public/ChD2/TjS39gF66

Last edited:
Hi, I ordered camera from BG. What do you suggest? If i get "L" revision should I return it or open dispute?

Hello

i received few days ago a camera rev 23l it doesnt have IR filter, which is bad, but actually im trying to do lens fix, i remove a glue but i still cant rotate a lens, i spotted that lens in 23l have some "teeth" around a lens, You can see it above in a compare photo, i dont want to use too much strong to rotate this, anybody know/try rotate a lens with this "teeth"? please help me.

Can you post some samples of pictures when lack of IR filter can be seen? I need to know what to expect in case i get L version. I'm sure I will try to return it, get refund or find another solution with my seller if I get faulty one.
How are you trying to fix no IR filter problem?

Yes, I saw this videos. But to be honest i don't see much difference. But the pictures posted by itzik are tragic. So is the video od a test by techinasia.

so i guess we need to stay away from versions ending with an "L", did i get it right ?

Same problem here.
Received a Z23L from banggood on friday and pictures look like itzik's ones.
White "shadow" everywhere, especially when being outside.
Didn't open it yet to check if no IR filter was present but it's highly probable.
Waiting for banggood's answer.

Camera is unusable right now.

@heino69 For me they said that I can buy external IR filter if I find it. They even didn't offer to send me lens replacement or this filter for free. So basically they told me to shut up. I don't recommend banggood. I have also pending complaint about UV filter that was unfit for xiaomi and causes black edges around picture. So, I purchased selfie stick and some accessories on gearbest, hope they are better.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back