RoadLens: Athens, Ohio Based Dash Camera Distributor/Developer

roadlens

Retailer
Reaction score
Country
United States
Greetings!

My name is Matt and I am co-founder of RoadLens. I purchased my first dash camera based on DashCamTalk reviews early last year. I was hooked and it led me to cofound RoadLens. We are based at the Ohio Innovation Center which is a tech company incubator in Athens, Ohio. We launched in April 2014 and have been growing ever since.

I believe that our current dash camera models, the RoadLens RT-101 and HW-61 dash cameras are strong contenders for top "budget dash cameras". I personally use the RT-101 and love it. We have sample videos, product specs, etc. at: http://www.roadlens.com/. Currently, we are running a Fourth of July sale through 7/6 which includes great deals on bundles of two dash cameras if you have two vehicles.

We also have some pretty cool projects in the pipeline. If you're interested in staying updated, consider following us via the social media links at the top right of our site.

Feel free to reach out to me here or on our website if you have any questions or comments!

To all American DashCamTalkers, have a safe and happy Fourth of July!

the grey text on red background on your blog is impossible to read, you might want to look at that

Hi, Matt, greetings from Canada. Congratulations on launching your dash cam company. You certainly came in with a bang, and I agree with you that the models you presented are indeed strong contenders for top 'budget dash cameras'. From the video samples that I looked at I would have to say that I preferred the RT-101 model.

Wish you all the best.

Weren't you on Reddit a couple weeks back?

the grey text on red background on your blog is impossible to read, you might want to look at that
Thanks for pointing this out! This was a recent bug and has now been fixed.

Hi, Matt, greetings from Canada. Congratulations on launching your dash cam company. You certainly came in with a bang, and I agree with you that the models you presented are indeed strong contenders for top 'budget dash cameras'. From the video samples that I looked at I would have to say that I preferred the RT-101 model.

Wish you all the best.
Thank you for the kind words and product feedback! Take care!

Weren't you on Reddit a couple weeks back?
Yes, I made a comment on a post in /r/frugal about RoadLens in May. The Reddit community was extremely supportive and provided all kinds of valuable feedback.

I was just curious what kind of chips are in your cameras. It does not seem to mention under the Specifications for either model unless I missed it. This is something I and I am sure other drivers as well like to make sure of before we buy a camera.

I was just curious what kind of chips are in your cameras. It does not seem to mention under the Specifications for either model unless I missed it. This is something I and I am sure other drivers as well like to make sure of before we buy a camera.
The HW-61 has an Ambarella A2 chip and the RT-101 has a Novatek 96650 chip. Thanks!

The HW-61 has an Ambarella A2 chip and the RT-101 has a Novatek 96650 chip. Thanks!
Thanks. If still not updated on your site that it defiantly something you want to make sure you mention.

Back