Roadtrip north of my home town Randers ( Denmark )

kamkar

Reaction score
Country
Denmark
Dash Cam
10 years, many dashcams
I have not bothered with putting any information on this little video, there is little interesting things about the towns i pass thru.

Captured with the SG dashcam, with a lens angled so much up i have none of my dashbord in frame.
This result in little reflections on the windscreen compared to the normal 60/40 split horizon, and it dont seem as the darker part of the road get too dark when i cloud pass in front of the sun.
I will keep this angle on the lens for a while to see how it perform under less optimal conditions.

Was it wrong turn at 8 minute mark?

I wanted to take a more direct route to the East than my NAV unit was giving me, so i just turned off as i wanted to get onto even smaller roads.
But that road was too small and dead end :oops: so i just all together dropped going more eastwards and instead stayed on the road home to Randers.
Why isent there a option on NAV unis to take the scenic route and get off the "large" roads :rolleyes:

Most of these littel towns i passed thru today seem to have fiber internet, so if i could just find a house there a little outside town i would be happy.
And offcourse the mony to pay for iet all, or just a job would be nice.
A little house, +200 M to the closest neighbour, and a fiber connection and i would be a happy camper :)

Why isent there a option on NAV unis to take the scenic route and get off the "large" roads :rolleyes:...
Some units have an option for 'fastest route' (usually the default) or 'most direct' which I use a lot when vacationing and not in a hurry. Get to see some real interesting things at times and meet people you otherwise wouldn't.

Yeah i want to get out there off the beaten track, allso why if i ever get to the US i will need several months as you guys have so much hidden in some corner :)

My "NAV" unit is allso just my tablet with some free stuff on it, for the most i just need it when i have to get to some where i never been before.
Next time i will leave that at home and just try to get lost out there in Denmark.

Yeah i want to get out there off the beaten track, allso why if i ever get to the US i will need several months as you guys have so much hidden in some corner :)...

You'll need more than a few months. I've lived here all my life and think I've seen more of Europe (as a percentage) than I have of the US.

...My "NAV" unit is allso just my tablet with some free stuff on it, for the most i just need it when i have to get to some where i never been before. Next time i will leave that at home and just try to get lost out there in Denmark.

Even though it's free software it may still have the fastest/shortest option - look around. And don't leave it at home, if you truly get lost you'll need it. :D

I would take the time i need, 6 months would not be a problem for me as a person, but without a lotto win it will be a pipe dream for my wallet.
All the times beside 1 i have been outside Denmark have been work related, the 1 time witch wasent was 2 weeks on ibiza when i was 17, and that was all D&D ( drink and drugs )

And most of the countries i have been to have just been a hit and run visit, either with a ship for cargo or engaging / disengaging a ship.
Sadly today beeing a sailor is not the party it was in the old days where a ship could be in a port for weeks, the turnover for the big tankers i worked on was 2 days at best, and houres if we could connect the big hoses and pump full pressure on all pumps ( the latter never happned, not even in the middle east )

I can allways whip my smartphone out and have google guide me home, i just prefer to use it as a hotspot for the larger tablet.

My friend can get lost here, even when we are out walking our RC toys in the usioal forrest in daytime, for me to do the same it will have to be a dark night in a dark forrest i have not been to for a long while.

My passport use to be stamped with 2-3 US visas, back then i could come and go as i pleased, witch was a little o_O to me as i am the son of a prominent Danish commie :p but around 1990 the cold war was fizzing out,and myself i have allways been " better dead than red"
And not least it was pre 9/11.

Last edited:
A grab from the video, this is not the US truck i have seen here and there, but a nice ride unlike all the others.
Captured while zooming past at 70-80 km/h
trucker.jpg

This result in little reflections on the windscreen compared to the normal 60/40 split horizon, and it dont seem as the darker part of the road get too dark when i cloud pass in front of the sun.
I will keep this angle on the lens for a while to see how it perform under less optimal conditions.

60/40 isn't a hard rule, if the results are fine is all that matters

yes very interested to see how it goes, the Sony sensor is a lot more forgiving than some

nice countryside by the way :)

Yeah there is a bit of rolling hills up that way towards Mariager Fjord, The large town i drive thru about midway is called Hobro, last time i was there was +25 years ago in a snow storm and -20 degree and i was driving my volvo 121 while allso wearing a sleeping bag.

We planned to sleep out in the wild that day, but the -20 degrees and much more snow than anticipated called for more balls and equipment that we had, actually the back side windows of my volvo had 3-4 mm of ice on then when we ditched our plan and headed for home.

If its too bad with the lens in this angle i will try to slowly lower it to see in i can hit a sweep spot where the sky is still good.

Such a classic country-side drive. I really enjoyed the drive. Thanks for sharing :)

Back