Rotate screen issue

Keato

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey all,

Just a quick question to see if this is working as intended or it’s a bug.

In a different vehicle as the one I usually drive I can’t (not allowed) to mount it on the windscreen so Im now using the 512 upside down (if that makes sense). The suction section is on a satnav disc on the dash and the camera is upside down. So obviously I went through settings to change the orientation of the screen (rotate screen) so the UI isn’t upside down and the footage is the right way around.

The problem I have is the up and down buttons haven’t changed. So up is down and down is up instead of being switched around.

It’s a bit of a pain tbh

Hope someone can shed some light on this

Cheers :)
Jamie

Hey thanks for the replies.

Is there any chance this could be changed in a software update? The other buttons can remain the same as they’re static though the up and down buttons could be flipped in software. The display flips so I’m sure the buttons can be too.

Hi. I too have rotated my 512GW so that I can wire it into the car USB rather than the Nextbase Hardwire kit which even on a permanent live fuse wouldn't power reliably. I've therefore had to move the location of the cam and have it mounted upside down. I've gone into the menu and have selected the 'reverse display' option. In the instruction manual it suggests that this will rotate the display 180 degrees, which it does.. all the UI menu are the correct way around... but when recording (and displaying the footage on screen) the footage is reversed, i.e. I'm on the wrong side of the road. Surely this is wrong?

Can you please clarify for me as reversed footage with numberplates the wrong way around isn't much good.

Thanks

Sounds like you have flipped it top to bottom and you need to flip it left to right as well?
Not sure if you can do that or not, but I expect NB CS will be along soon and let you know.

I thought the rotate display was just for those who wanted to mount the dashcam directly on the dash top, upside down, for cable tidiness ? I don't think a left to right option is available.

Keato's problem does not appear to be the same as TJS01's K.
TJ's seems to be flipping top to bottom, but not left to right as well. i.e. Not rotating.

My problem is slightly different. Keato's is a usability issue that makes perfect sense.. flipping the display so that the UI is the correct way around is one thing, but not changing the corresponding UP/Down buttons when in this mode is clearly a poor user experience and adds to the complications of trying to nav the menu from the otherside of the car..

My issue is simply that turning the camera upside down ('reverse display') makes the footage on the screen appear the wrong way around. This is massively confusing, makes it look like we're on the wrong side of the road and makes all the numberplates backwards.. a completely useless feature I'd like to rectify.

Can someone at Nextbase confirm please.

Thanks

Richard

It shouldn't flip left/right and up/down.

Can you send me a screen shot please?

Hang on a mo Tiffany.
If you turn the cam upside down, top becomes bottom and left becomes right, so to correct it, surely you need to flip vertically and flip horizontally to give a net 'rotate' to correct the picture. Otherwise what is supposed to be the LH side of the picture is on the RH side of the screen etc. Or have I got my knickers in a twist along with my rotations?

It seems like TJS01's is not rotating (flipping both ways) but only flipping top to bottom.

Keato's problem, as I see it, is that the picture and on screen UI is correct, but the 'buttons' are still upside down.

@M8TJT it only rotates the icons (*icons and any embedded information like speed/coordinates) around the screen so that when the footage is played back its the right way - when rotate display is turned on - left right doesn't need to be flipped because its the right way. See image below of your comment above for example that shows words which of course would be obvious if the wrong way.

1542896050582.png

Ah, never thought of that :confused:

Here you go. Note the items in the image shown in reverse on screen.
nextbase.jpg

Doh. Silly me T & K.
Ah Ha. But in my defence, (feebly trying to cover embarrassment) the video footage is upside down when played on a computer and I can't quickly see a way of flipping it in Replay 3. (But there probably is one, or have I just opened another can of worms?:eek:

@M8TJT it should show as right way up on when on your computer, that's why the feature is there. Can you screen shot what you can see so can take a look?

Not ATM Tiffany. Busy doing other stuff ATM. Later today or tomorrow. I didn't do the rotate thing on the cam though. I'll try that first.

I've just reread your message and I read it wrong the first time.

There is no way of flipping it on Replay 3, this has to be done pre-production in the rotate display setting.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A 512GW 4
Back