RSS

javr

Reaction score
Country
Slovenia
Dash Cam
GS1000 Saddle SD-GS500 SMH4.36.220812B
is there a RSS feed for forum available ? I can use it for the site, as on the photo, but that rarely changes.

dashrss.jpg

I don't have RSS installed on the forum. It requires a MOD. So far I am trying to keep MODs at a minimum since they have a tendency to slow down performance. However, if many people are looking for this feature, I will give it a try.

I just realized that the forum can have ATOM feeds. I just enabled them.

Visit feed.php to add it.

Last edited by a moderator:
thank you. I have an ancient version of Firefox, not allowed to update on this computer, but here's how it looks right now:
there are four RSS possibilities, and two seem to be useful:

to pick from:
clipboard00.jpg

No.1:
clipboard01.jpg

No.2:
clipboard02.jpg

It looks like No.3 and No.4 are ment for following a certain topic.

Hi javr,

I just checked it out on Firefox as well. If you subscribe when you are on the main forum page (http://dashcamtalk.com/forum), you will only get option 1 and 2. Option 1 shows all new posts. Option 2 shows all new topics.

If you subscribe while reading a subforum, you will get 3 options. 1 and 2 as above and a third option for new posts in the subforum. Could be useful if you just want to see new posts in the BlackVue forum for instance.

If you subscribe while reading a post, you will get 4 options. 1-3 as above and a fourth option for new posts in the thread you are reading. Useful if you just want to know what is going on in a particular thread.

Really option 1 makes the most sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
thanks; this is how it looks like with Firefox v.19 (photo above is from Firefox v.4) :

dashcamrss.jpg

Fine tuning: that a post with the same title is mentioned once.
For example: 15 posts are displayed, but only 8 or so are really new. So if there is a "big" debate about something, the same post will be displayed 15 times.
Tnx.

I've updated the options. There should be an option to see all active threads.

Also if anyone is interested there is an add-on for Firefox called RSS Ticker that will scroll the RSS items under your Bookmarks toolbar, and when you highlight them it brings up a little preview of the item. Might help you catch an interesting post while you are on another site.

Back