[Russia] "Motorcyclist and girlfriend" crash with car in Volgograd (GoPro Helmet Camera)

peril1923

Reaction score
Country
Russian Federation
Dash Cam
MiVue 658
Both in a serious condition hospitalized. After impact there was an ignition of the motorcycle. Girl passenger on a motorcycle flew out of the seat and hit the tree.

(my bad english hope you understand what I wrote)

Not good, at all...

Very tragic.
I notice that in a lot of accidents cars make left turns in front of the motorcycle.

Stupid, he got what he was asking for, if you drive +108 kmp and do wheelie at night this is what you get.
That piiphohe just made this car driver day a lot worse.

Attachments

• vlcsnap.jpg
    vlcsnap.jpg
    10.9 KB · Views: 10
the speed was too high for the city. Maximum allowed speed in Town = 60 km/h
moto-crash-and-fire.jpg

I can't quite tell from the video, I'm using a 11 inch screen netbook, but is there a traffic light somewhere?
It looks like the first oncoming car is motionless, like waiting for a light change, at the start of the video. The car behind that one turns in front of the bike.

Did the lead bike really pop a wheelie?
...With a girl on the back?
...Approaching a junction with a car waiting?
...At night, when people can't judge the speed or distance of a motorcycle well?
...From a standing start, making the arrival even more unexpected?

God, there are some stupid people in this world.

The car also had 2 other headlights beaming at him. We all seen how motorcycles love to have those super bright spot beams aimed at your eyes. Might have been hard to judge.

I can't quite tell from the video, I'm using a 11 inch screen netbook, but is there a traffic light somewhere?
Looks to me like the bikes went through two sets of green lights but the accident happened at a third set which was red for them.
Add that to my list of stupid above. :rolleyes:

BikerCrash.jpg

Last edited:
Hard to tell but if that bike was doing wheelies, the car would never see them because the bike's light were aiming up!

Hard to tell but if that bike was doing wheelies, the car would never see them because the bike's light were aiming up!
I was about to say this. When my younger brother had a sport bike and was doing stupid stuff like this, he thought he was smart because he installed additional driving lights pointed at the ground, in line with the front forks. That way he had light on the road ahead of him while riding wheelies, and other cars could still see him.

SMH... It's a wonder he's still here.

Did the lead bike really pop a wheelie?
...With a girl on the back?
...Approaching a junction with a car waiting?
...At night, when people can't judge the speed or distance of a motorcycle well?
...From a standing start, making the arrival even more unexpected?

God, there are some stupid people in this world.
+1

There's no shortage of wrecked sportbikes you can buy for parts or with a salvage title that have less than 100 miles on them. :)

(It's not because they're getting run over in parking lots.)

I was about to say this. When my younger brother had a sport bike and was doing stupid stuff like this, he thought he was smart because he installed additional driving lights pointed at the ground, in line with the front forks. That way he had light on the road ahead of him while riding wheelies, and other cars could still see him.

SMH... It's a wonder he's still here.

Reminds me of the Little Red Wagon that had a perspex floor so the driver could see where he was going while pulling wheelies. :D

upload_2016-4-19_20-22-20.png

There's no shortage of wrecked sportbikes you can buy for parts or with a salvage title that have less than 100 miles on them. :)

(It's not because they're getting run over in parking lots.)
Funny you should say that. I bought my previous bike, brand new, and took it out for a ride. Like a good boy, I read the manual and it said on the first ride you should only do a few miles then stop for a while to let it cool for a bit. So after said distance, that's what I did. I pulled off the A road and found a quiet spot to pull over. I made a point of parking behind a car, a good distance away but close enough to keep passing traffic from going near my new pride and joy.

I got off the bike and stood back to admire it. A guy got into the car parked in front of me and for some unknown reason started reversing. Slowly, so I thought it'd be OK. But he kept moving so I started yelling and waving my arms. No use. He just kept going and knocked my bike right over.

I think it had 5 miles on the clock. :rolleyes: He paid dearly to get it repaired, but the trauma still haunts me.

Back