Same but Lower-Priced Card on Amazon (than BBMC)?

DroMike

Reaction score
Country
United States
Dash Cam
BlackVue DR900S (pending)
I think I'm going to pull the trigger on a standard F800. BBMC shows that if you add a "SanDisk Ultra A1 64GB" card purchased w/the dashcam it raises the price by $60.

Would there be any reason why I shouldn't just simply purchase what (I think?) is the same card below from Amazon for $28. I mean that's quite a savings...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/B0756WNGQ2
51bb0doZxCL.jpg

Hey Mike, that looks like the same card. Amazon as a giant has much bigger buying power than we do. And because of this, they can have much lower prices. We tested the A1 cards to be reliable and we sell them in a package for the convenience factor. Be aware there are some fake cards out there.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

Last edited:
One potential risk of buying from amazon is counterfit cards.

Hi, I bought the 128Gb version of this card from Amazon.UK a week ago for my F800Pro and it works fine. I think if you only buy "Sold and despatched by Amazon" goods you're pretty safe. Whether it will last as long as the Thinkware 128Gb card is another story.

With our testing, we actually had a lot of issues with Samsung Cards thus why we switched to Sandisk.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar
I hear you Jimmy, just throwing out there that Samsung has new high endurance specific cards available, new release. Maybe these new ones stand a chance of being good for Blackvue cams, but even if they don’t pan out, I just wanted to mention them for people with cams other than blackvue.

I hear you Jimmy, just throwing out there that Samsung has new high endurance specific cards available, new release. Maybe these new ones stand a chance of being good for Blackvue cams, but even if they dint, I just wanted to mention them for people with other cams interested.

Absolutely, we regularly test different cards from different manufacturers as we know our customers will ask. It's always good to stay in the loop. We haven't touched the brand new models just yet but hope to get a chance soon.

-Jimmy @BlackboxMyCar

Hey Mike, that looks like the same card. Amazon as a giant has much bigger buying power than we do. And because of this, they can have much lower prices. We tested the A1 cards to be reliable and we sell them in a package for the convenience factor. Be aware there are some fake cards out there.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

Thanks Jimmy. I guess it was a little tacky of me to have brought that up. It's just that this day and age every cent counts. But I feel better that I'm able to pledge that I will be going with you guys for the BIG piece of the pie (the dashcam)!

BlackBoxMyCar has never let me down Mike so I’m with you saving where you can like on a card but for cams, battery packs etc, they’re definitely worth ordering from IMO. They stand behind what they sell and will answer any and all questions you have before and after purchase.

Thanks Jimmy. I guess it was a little tacky of me to have brought that up. It's just that this day and age every cent counts. But I feel better that I'm able to pledge that I will be going with you guys for the BIG piece of the pie (the dashcam)!
lol no worries Mike! It's a good question and I do want to clear it up!.
BlackBoxMyCar has never let me down Mike so I’m with you saving where you can like on a card but for cams, battery packs etc, they’re definitely worth ordering from IMO. They stand behind what they sell and will answer any and all questions you have before and after purchase.
Thanks! Love to hear it from others about how we're doing as a company.

-Jimmy @ BlackboxMyCar

You speak the gospel Brother Johnny. In the month I've been here (and in separate dedicated emails) that's been my experience too. You know, if a company takes the time to answer your questions and provide helpful and truthful/realistic information and still not put any pressure on you really, that's the kind of attitude and service you want to go out of your way to reward. That's a great way for them to show they want your business, and then, they deserve it. I'm sure there's a lot of customers like you (Johnny) that have received the same pre and post-purchase backing.

Back