Samoon 3H2F / GS6000 A7 Ambarella

Here are the release notes - seems like this should help for people where the camera does not start properly with their vehicle:

294jcyp.jpg

Interesting... where is that version 15 from the other thread coming from then?

Samoon were the original manufacturer for TeXet and co so maybe them or could even be another Aus reseller?

That firmware looks quite dated to me. I had that long ago and then tried a modded firmware and since then the store
I bought it from has added newer firmware of their own. I posted a few clips from my youtube account. The latest firmware
is I think 150005 or something. I could take a picture of the firmware version on the back of the camera but how would I post it here ?

The firmware I have has about 15 screens on menu options for brightness, contrast, 1/2/5/10/15/20/30 min blocks and has the
date and time in the lower right with the km/h above it but without all those gps numbers on the screen. So only 2 lines over
the three lines that I had when I bought the camera.

The night recordings now are sensational. Not only the road lit up on average lit roads but the footpath and houses.
No idea how they've done it but its far better than when I first bought the camera.

The earlier firmware I had all sorts of problems and posted in here for help quite a bit.
I rarely post in here now. Have what I think is the best settings for my camera.

I've tried the above and thought I had bricked my camera for a while. Came back a few hours later and it was working.
Recording size for the max settings is 240MB per one minute and sorry but the quality isn't that good.

The firmware 150002 is far better and the file size for the max settings is 100MB per one minute.
I found this new texet firmware was beeping me at odd times and the night recording I've just done was not real good.
Gone back to the 150002 firmware which saves me 2 and a half times more space and a far better recording.

The texet firmware had a background sound which was quite loud where the other doesn't.

If you feel like sharing the bins I and likely others here would be most grateful :)

I forgot to set it to default after installing the firmware.

This firmware is better than the earlier texet firmware but it does lag in gps by about 7 seconds where I can be driving along then stop at traffic lights and it still thinks the car is moving for about 7 seconds. The fize size is about 145mb per 60 seconds of recording. I've gone back to the 15 firmware from a store I bought in oz. Their firmware gives file sizes of about 100mb for 60 sec of recording at the max setting and looks better at night. This store I mention no longer sells these cameras however they still support them with later firmware
which is now out to 150025. They tell me they found it to hard to sell so they dropped these and moved to other things.

The 150002 and the 150025 firmware when I drive along and stop the gps lag is about 1 to 2 seconds.

What is everyone else finding with gps lag times ?

Gps lock takes about 20 seconds when I start in the morning. When I go for lunch at the local café or out shopping the gps lock is only a few seconds.

The texet firmware takes longer to lock in. Why would it take longer to get a lock for the gps ?
Samoon early firmware was faster to lock but night recordings were quite dull which I posted some time ago in here.

Last edited:
The texet firmware takes longer to lock in. Why would it take longer to get a lock for the gps ?
Samoon early firmware was faster to lock but night recordings were quite dull which I posted some time ago in here.

just because they came from the same factory doesn't mean the hardware spec is always the same

just because they came from the same factory doesn't mean the hardware spec is always the same
Following up an old post but I just spotted the iTracker GS6000 A7 model has had a complete refresh and now is being sold in the same case but now with the ability to take a CPL filter and is now using the A7LA70 and the OV4689 sensor to bring it bang up to date.

It's being sold in Germany for 169 Euros here where it's currently Amazon Germany's #1 seller:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/B00BY82RG2
That's seriously going to cause some firmware confusion now!

Last edited:
That link has them at $181.99 Euro. The street storm at $139 is a far better buy and a much camera.
My previous one had that casing and it was good but it did drop off the windscreen in hotter weather.
The street storm has the same suction cup but due to the lighter camera so far even in hotter weather it doesn't
come off. The street storm doesn't get anywhere near as hot was the older one which is on that amazon site.

The street storm gets warm but not hot. At odd times in very hot weather that one on amazon can turn off due to it getting to hot.

These street storm ones are popping up all over the place. My only regret is I wasted freight on importing when they were available where I am in Australia. My price after freight was around $250 AUS. They sell here for less :(

i have a little bit probleme with the player software that come with it, when i want to see the video clip with the player-V2.2 its showing Reverse Image.
any idea what to do to fix it?
note: the vlc, media player, etc showing good picture.
thx in advance shay
image.jpg

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A GSXXXX 4
A GSXXXX 25
krawler GSXXXX 10
Back