Samoon 3H2F / GS6000 A7 Ambarella

I've done 400 miles of driving this weekend and the GS6000 has started failing - it just stops recording all by itself and turns itself off - in fact yesterday it went totally non responsive after 2 hours of driving. It's the first time it's played up like this but it's done it again today and I'm guessing it's due to the heat in the UK this weekend (it's been 25 which for us is scorching!)

Is anyone using one of these successfully in a warmer climate at all? As things stand it looks like it will be going back!

The night vision is pretty awful on all firmwares I've tried - if you turn off WDR it's much darker but infinitely better in terms of detail captured.

I just installed a 3h2f gs6000 and I have a few questions please. 1) what is the "car number set" for in the set-up mode? 2) on the G sensor set-up menu there are several options ranging from 1-7 and off. Can you please tell me what this represents? 3) another set-up option is WDR, what is that? 4)what is the purpose of time lapse? 5) what is motion detection? 6) what is the "flicker" setting for?

Thank you so much. The manual isn't very helpful.

The car number set is for stamping your registration plate or any message you'd like onto the video.

2) is for sensitivity of the g sensor - your milage may vary so try various settings and see which works best for your vehicle. Basically when the g sensor detects a certain shock level it sets the read only flag of the video to try to stop it being overwritten (in case there's been an accident).

3) Wide dynamic range. If it's on you'll get strange artefacts with night time video in current firmwares and it's better with this turned off for now. At some point hopefully this will improve.

4) To take time lapse photos.

5) Motion detection starts recording when the car starts moving and can turn the car off when you're stopped at lights etc. I have this disabled.

6) I have this set to 50Hz as that is the local power supply and TVs etc run that that over here. I still get flickering on videos but haven't bothered changing it. In the US I think you guys run at 60? You milage may vary so best to play with the options for this one.

2) in addition, the higher it is the more sensitive it will be. The lower it is, the more it will take to lock the file. Values are completely arbitrary so play with it.
6) Flicker is poorly translated "Scan/refresh rate." We want that to be 60 NTSC here in the states. PAL is for our friends across the pond.

Extra: the "press power button for light" apparently does nothing. I've tried taking photos with my hand covering the sensor or recording... I don't really see an LED light or what it could possibly do to improve the quality of any picture it tried to take unless it is blindingly bright and powerful, and I can't even make it do anything so maybe just a faux feature. Oh well!

It's IR I think which is why you can't see it with the naked eye (but it should improve pictures in darkness if you try taking a picture with the camera)?

I have some home security cameras with 21 IR LEDs but tbh they're as much use as a chocolate fire guard!

Well they are calling it LEDs and whatever maybe I just don't know what an LED is anymore LOL!

The car number set is for stamping your registration plate or any message you'd like onto the video.

2) is for sensitivity of the g sensor - your milage may vary so try various settings and see which works best for your vehicle. Basically when the g sensor detects a certain shock level it sets the read only flag of the video to try to stop it being overwritten (in case there's been an accident).

3) Wide dynamic range. If it's on you'll get strange artefacts with night time video in current firmwares and it's better with this turned off for now. At some point hopefully this will improve.

4) To take time lapse photos.

5) Motion detection starts recording when the car starts moving and can turn the car off when you're stopped at lights etc. I have this disabled.

6) I have this set to 50Hz as that is the local power supply and TVs etc run that that over here. I still get flickering on videos but haven't bothered changing it. In the US I think you guys run at 60? You milage may vary so best to play with the options for this one.
Thank you.

2) in addition, the higher it is the more sensitive it will be. The lower it is, the more it will take to lock the file. Values are completely arbitrary so play with it.
6) Flicker is poorly translated "Scan/refresh rate." We want that to be 60 NTSC here in the states. PAL is for our friends across the pond.

Extra: the "press power button for light" apparently does nothing. I've tried taking photos with my hand covering the sensor or recording... I don't really see an LED light or what it could possibly do to improve the quality of any picture it tried to take unless it is blindingly bright and powerful, and I can't even make it do anything so maybe just a faux feature. Oh well!
Thanks so much!

Rarrrrrghhhh!!!!! Day 2 and the power supply is making a high pitched whine. Unacceptable for a product $100+. Make it $3 more expensive to use a good rectifier and this doesn't happen. After running the wire all the way around the car and under trim?! No freaking way. I can't just live with it because unfortunately I am super sensitive to that frequency - had to get rid of a router for the same reason.

Anyone know where I can source a power adapter of the same length and USB mini? Think I should try my luck on contacting E-PRANCE for support?

Heard back from Nancy. Had to make a video of the adapter squeal before they would believe me! It has been several days due to the time zones.
Listen/watch if you dare. Kind of hard to hear, is better set to HD. Careful, if you are susceptible to that kind of noise you might hear it after you turn it off!

Hoping to get replaced eventually.

Now for the camera! On the custom firmware, it seems standard quality is best. Fine or S. Fine just adds so much noise and judder that the video is difficult to watch or unclear. This is with sharpness set to medium.

Heard back from Nancy. Had to make a video of the adapter squeal before they would believe me! It has been several days due to the time zones.
Listen/watch if you dare. Kind of hard to hear, is better set to HD. Careful, if you are susceptible to that kind of noise you might hear it after you turn it off!

Now for the camera! On the custom firmware, it seems standard quality is best. Fine or S. Fine just adds so much noise and judder that the video is difficult to watch or unclear. This is with sharpness set to medium.

OK I have one of these as well and I have mine set to S.Fine which is the best for night and day video footage.
Sharpness and Contrast I did play around with them and ended up going back to the default settings which seems to work best.

Is it possible to get the night recording better. Its good now but not as bright as my older dash cam was.

I've seen some footage on Youtube with people using the modded firmware and its much clearer and brighter than my setup. So what is everyones settings for the modded firmware from Falsificator.

I have found WDR on is best for night and day. If I turn it off the night quality is terrible.

My settings are:

Resolution – 2304 x 1296/30F
Video Quality – S.Fine
WDR - On
TV System - PAL
Flicker - 50Hz
Contrast - Not set this to anything
Sharpness - Not set this to anything
White Balance - Not set this to anything
Ev Setting - Not set this to anything

Everything is on the default settings.

Last edited:

Try using a usb dual car charger. That ought to fix the problems you are having.
Usb dual car charges are about $10. Then buy a mini usb cable as the provided one is to short and only good for a pc.

She is having a second one sent out on their dime even though they claimed to be unable to hear it and that it was "aesthetic" only. Don't even want the old one back. Looking like surprisingly good customer service here. Time zones definitely a concern for getting feedback.

Hi, This may be a really stupid question..... but how do I install this on my cam? I also downloaded a .rar file but did not know what to do with that either.
-unpack the archive
-сopy the contents of the memory card
-rename file to firmware.bin
-insert a memory card into the device
-power ON
-confirm buttons
-remove the memory card after power off
-format the memory card
-power ON
-reset to factory settings
-power off-on

Hi, This may be a really stupid question..... but how do I install this on my cam? I also downloaded a .rar file but did not know what to do with that either.
Hi Andrew and once you rename the bin file to the firmware.bin file it is the only thing on your memory card no folders and it worked great

Hi
A new Firmware is for download on the Texet Site from 12.07.2014 ;)

-unpack the archive
-сopy the contents of the memory card
-rename file to firmware.bin
-power ON
-confirm buttons
-remove the memory card after power off
-format the memory card
-power ON
-reset to factory settings
-power off-on

Thanks for your help. I down loaded the new version on the Texet web site and renamed the file but it came up with an error message! :( Any ideas?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A GSXXXX 4
A GSXXXX 25
krawler GSXXXX 10
Back