Sandisk High Endurance

ToxicMatt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Looking at the SD card recommendations on Viofo site and looks like I made a mistake and purchased High Endurance instead of Max.

Anyone using the High Endurance had issues, I already opened the packet so won’t be able to return :(

I have the 3CH 229 Pro

Attachments

• IMG_4340.jpeg
    IMG_4340.jpeg
    307.3 KB · Views: 10
Anyone using the High Endurance had issues, I already opened the packet so won’t be able to return
Well, since you already have them, and can't return them, just try them and see how it works out before doing anything else.

Well, since you already have them, and can't return them, just try them and see how it works out before doing anything else.
I could always use that card for something else, I’d prefer not to use a card if it’s not compatible, why me asking if anyone else is using it.

Wife could take car out tomorrow for me to see if the card works, get in an accident and I have no footage ‍♂️ I currently have a 256 Sandisk extreme in it.

I've used High Endurance and Max Endurance in my VIOFO and it has been fine.

You have consumer rights to return it if it doesn't function for the intended use.

I've used High Endurance and Max Endurance in my VIOFO and it has been fine.

You have consumer rights to return it if it doesn't function for the intended use.
Thanks for confirming, just wanted to check if anyone else has used the high endurance as Viofo seem to not recommend it for some reason.

July 2022

July 2022

Card successfully formatted when I tried it.

Card successfully formatted when I tried it.
Screenshot 2024-04-21 7.02.35 PM.png
You can test the card with a home charger on your desk.
Make sure to connect the rear & IR Interior cameras.

View attachment 71973

You can test the card with a home charger on your desk.
Make sure to connect the rear & IR Interior cameras.
Thanks, cameras are already installed on the car now, when I put that SD card in, it did format, but I took it out this evening when I saw the above image and put the Sandisk extreme back in.

I do have a 128gb Viofo one on order along with another camera for my brother, but that’s coming from abroad and I thought the size was a little small, regretting not ordering larger now.

Attachments

• IMG_4223.jpeg
    IMG_4223.jpeg
    669.4 KB · Views: 7
Not sure why Sandisk's High Endurance is not recommended... There is little difference between "High" and "Max"

I have the 3CH 229 Pro
That is probably the dashcam with the highest performance requirement, better to use the card somewhere with lesser requirements.

It could be that the card is made differently now than when Viofo saw people having bad experiences with it, and there is now no problem, but it is quite likely that it will slow down after it has been filled a few times, had lots of files deleted, and become fragmented, and then you will start having issues.

The camera will start beeping if it has problems, so you will know about it, there isn't much risk.

That is probably the dashcam with the highest performance requirement, better to use the card somewhere with lesser requirements.

It could be that the card is made differently now than when Viofo saw people having bad experiences with it, and there is now no problem, but it is quite likely that it will slow down after it has been filled a few times, had lots of files deleted, and become fragmented, and then you will start having issues.

The camera will start beeping if it has problems, so you will know about it, there isn't much risk.
I've got two of these 64GB SanDisk High Endurance cards.
Shall I test how long it takes to malfunction in an A229 Pro 3-CH?

I've got two of these 64GB SanDisk High Endurance cards.
Shall I test how long it takes to malfunction in an A229 Pro 3-CH?
I have no idea how long that would take, if it only takes 1 day then it would be interesting to have confirmation of Viofo's listing, but it may take 1 week, or 1 month.

The real problem with a test like that is that the manufacturers keep changing the internals, so a new one may not perform the same as your not so new ones. This makes the test a little pointless.

It'll work, but I'd assume that the recommendation has to do with eventual reliability issues. @viofo or @VIOFO-Support can clarify one way or another.
The best one is MAX endurance version.

The high endurance version issue is the writing speed will become very low if there is heating.
It should be no problem using the Sandisk High Endurance on A119 V3, A119 Mini 2, A229 Plus.

The best one is MAX endurance version.

The high endurance version issue is the writing speed will become very low if there is heating.
It should be no problem using the Sandisk High Endurance on A119 V3, A119 Mini 2, A229 Plus.
Interesting. I am getting dropped video files and a single beep when it happens when using High Endurance on an A229 Plus. Was told I should use Max instead of the Extreme as more customers are reporting issues with this card.

Is your A229 Plus a 3CH version?

Sorry, the question was for mealto, this is why I wrote A229 plus. I don't like to use quotes when replying just after a post.

You will see sometimes that will take a little longer to start the recording on all channels when you start the engine. Sometimes is possible the recording to not start at all but the beeping will tell you that the camera is not recording. My advice is to put the Card Formatting Reminder at 15 days.

It'll work just fine, it just won't last as long as the Max.

I'm not sure how correct this is, but I seem to recall the High Endurance are TLC with higher over-provisioning, whereas the Max uses the much more robust MLC.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F A229 Pro 2
Back