Saturation Problem? [SOLVED]

If your flat screen tv or monitor is polarized 90/180 you can use this method to recalibrate. (the 45 degree ones are not as easy)

1DLnzTN.png

I didn't even think of that. But of course, when I read your post, I ran out to the car to grab the filter and check it. It turns out my eyeballing was perfect this time. No adjustment needed.

Richard

Keep in mind this method only works if you know the orientation of the polarization of the device.

I have 7 LCD panels in my house (not counting phones and tablets) with three different orientations. I have no idea how any of the are oriented - and have no interest in finding out as there are foolproof methods of testing a CPL without going down that road.

Definitely not genius, trust me. Just a matter of doing a lot of photography and knowing that a 'side effect' of a polarizing filter is color saturation enhancement. The 'Ah ha' moment for me was when you mentioned the difference between front/rear. Knowing the DC does not come with a CPL for the rear turned the light bulb on for me.

Just happy to help get the issue resolved.

I guess if I'd known that the filter was movable in the housing, I would have thought of that possibility sooner. I just never looked closely at it before. Thanks again.

Richard

Back