Screen is green and flickering on startup

ramtsi

Reaction score
Country
Israel
And after a few seconds it is going back to normal. Did anyone else encounter this? It happens only when I turn on the camera.

Where did you by it from? Panorama has one of the lowest defect rates around, but any electronics are susceptible to problems. Does everything record ok? Does it happen every single time? If you have a smart phone, maybe you can record a video and upload to youtube, dropbox, or mega.co.nz
Does it happen when you power it via microUSB cable inside (as a test only)

I bought it from shop Korea, it happens every time I turn it on and it doesn't matter whether it is with the USB or with the car cable.

I've tested a few hundred of these over the last few months and have yet to see that one. It sounds like a unique (non-common) issue to yours. If it still records ok you can probably live with that startup glitch. If you want to show us a video I might be able to give a more indepth analysis.

The bottom line is, working or not If you suspect it might fail in the future, you should probably exchange it for another. Contact your re-seller for RMA options.

Try to re-flash firmware.

After firmware upgrade the issue is solved on 12v startup yet remains when connected via usb.

After firmware upgrade the issue is solved on 12v startup yet remains when connected via usb.

From which device you using a micro-usb cable to power up via 5v docket ?

A pc... I must say that after the update the green screen showed once in the car as well. Today I'm talking the camera to work so I'll see if this will happen again. Although it doesn't seem to interfere with recording and is only llimited to startup.

A pc... I must say that after the update the green screen showed once in the car as well. Today I'm talking the camera to work so I'll see if this will happen again. Although it doesn't seem to interfere with recording and is only llimited to startup.
I guess you using at home unusual micro-usb cable where pins layout allow to activate a factory service mode.
If u want to power up at home via microusb port, use any common mobile phone charger ( microusb ) plugged into wall socket.

NB! Never uldate FW while powered via 5V.
FW update onlt via 12V !

I used several usb cables and upgraded the fw using the car power cable, yet the problem persists. I think I'm going to contact shop Korea :-|

Better example for what's wrong:

Strange

My original assessment stands. If recording and operation functions normal AFTER the funky startup, you can either
A) Live with it, and risk long term related problems (free)
or
B) RMA/Return it for a new one to your re-seller (shipping costs/delay)

I got in touch with the seller, he will contact the developer with my recent video. I'll keep you guys posted when he'll give me an his answer. Have a great weekend in the meantime :-)

Back