Screen options

The A139 has an AV output jack. I presume a 3.5mm to RCA? Is there a means to output from his camera to cell phone using that jack (what cables are necessary) or would he need to setup a stand alone monitor? I imagine it wouldn't be a good idea to tap into his infotainment screen, seeing he would be using it for other purposes. Although I guess he could switch back and forth. Although this would require quite a bit of trim removal to reach the inputs jacks on his 2021 Volvo XC90 Recharge. - Never done that so can't offer guidance.
the AV out is suitable to connect to a headunit or auxiliary monitor, not a phone

nothing happened with the A139 yesterday, at least not after i launched the damn memory card, hope i am able to find it today with better light.

nothing happened with the A139 yesterday, at least not after i launched the damn memory card, hope i am able to find it today with better light.
256gb card somewhere in my Suzuki for the past three years, still haven't found it

This was just a 128GB one, at least it was not the new 256GB Adata high endurance which went strait into the DR

Found my card today, where i looked at least 3 times yesterday, and also looked 1 time today.
I know as i did see the piece of licorice lying there beside the front seat slide rail, but apparently seeing the micro SD card leaning against the licorice was too much to ask for. :rolleyes:
Thats when you realize once again, you and your eyes are getting old :sleep:

256gb card somewhere in my Suzuki for the past three years, still haven't found it

MicroSd cards are primed for losing. I love one somewhere and still haven't located either.

Just wait if you get really hooked :) i get anxious if i have forgotten the memory card for a camera in my apartment, even if i have 1 - 2 more systems in the car doing the very same as the system with no memory card in it.

Hello,

I’m new to the forum and dash cams in general. I like that the newer a139 offers interior monitoring as that is important to be with kids in the 2nd row seats. The a129 has a screen which in theory could be used for taking a peek behind without actually turning my head. But unfortunately it doesn’t offer interior use.

Having said all that my question is if I get the a139 and use my cell phone as a screen to stream in order to see the interior what significant impact if any will it have on the vide quality of the cameras? That’s the only solution I can think of in order to check all of my boxes. But if using my phone as a screen lowers the quality of the images etc., then it wouldn’t be worth it.

Thank you.

Mike
Sent from my iPhone
It can be done like the others have said, but the wifi does have a time limit and will disconnect itself after that time has passed.

So I read this in the owner’s manual and if I’m not mistaken I would need to buy these items in order to be able to view the interior camera on the monitor. Or would the monitor only show the front or rear camera views? Also, is the DC charger needed or even able to be connected to the monitor or would I need to use the wire that comes with the monitor?
15f88d74a216e5affc624ee2447023f9.png

a0ca3ac41ba44a21831e256242da40d6.jpg

Backup Camera Monitor, 4.3 Inch TFT LCD Color Display Rear View Camera Monitor with High Resolution, Esky 180° Adjustable Monitor Screen for Vehicle Backup Parking, Car, Truck Pickup, Tractor Cameras https://www.amazon.com/gp/B01461MDXA

I think on the AV out the cameras you can preview will be much the same as when in the APP, but in the APP you can change what camera to preview, i am not aware you can do that with a button on the camera too.
On my SG9663DR camera you can do that on a button.
I can not recall if the camera recall what camera is selected for preview the next time you start your car, it could be you at least one time have to select what camera is the preferred preview one.

Any LCD screen should work with the AV out, lots of cheap ones of those on ebay and amazon i assume. i dont have one or i do but it is intigrated into my DIY night vision goggles so cant use it for testing.

A screen should output what the the camera sees. Any screen will work that possesses an RCA input. If you were inclined, you could probably even wire it to the infotainment screen if the proper connections were available (RCA). That I'm not sure about and would be a swedespeed question. At some point, I'm a bit inclined to throw in one of those head units that gives my volvo android auto / carplay. But have yet to do so.

Therefore, I am not sure what connections are available on our Volvo's wiring harness.

I think on the AV out the cameras you can preview will be much the same as when in the APP, but in the APP you can change what camera to preview, i am not aware you can do that with a button on the camera too.
On my SG9663DR camera you can do that on a button.
I can not recall if the camera recall what camera is selected for preview the next time you start your car, it could be you at least one time have to select what camera is the preferred preview one.

Any LCD screen should work with the AV out, lots of cheap ones of those on ebay and amazon i assume. i dont have one or i do but it is intigrated into my DIY night vision goggles so cant use it for testing.

Yeah the one I linked above is only about 18 dollars so worth a try. Do you know if I would need to get a DC car adapter to plug in or is there a cable that comes with the screen which would need wiring in some way?

A screen should output what the the camera sees. Any screen will work that possesses an RCA input. If you were inclined, you could probably even wire it to the infotainment screen if the proper connections were available (RCA). That I'm not sure about and would be a swedespeed question. At some point, I'm a bit inclined to throw in one of those head units that gives my volvo android auto / carplay. But have yet to do so.

Therefore, I am not sure what connections are available on our Volvo's wiring harness.

Wouldn’t want to mess with the infotainment screen. It has lots of other things on there which are used frequently anyway so having the video displayed on the screen would interfere anyway. It would however make it one less thing to have up taking up real estate in the vehicle so it is a good concept.

Not sure how they wire up. i would assume 12 V for power are quite normal, but what kind of plug they come with may vary depending on the intended use.
I would contact seller and tell about your plans and options with his product.

I ran a 4 channel analog dashcam system back in the day plugged into my 2 DIN aftermarket head unit, so upon powering up my car / radio it would switch to the camera input on the AV in port, but i could then change away from that to play my MP3 files . disks or run the radio.
Normally the reversing camera connected on that AV in would be powered by the reversing light of your car, so change automatic to that input when you engage reverse and the radio sense a AV signal as now the camera have powered up and is transmitting, and switch back to whatever the head unity was doing when you take your car out of reverse and the camera turn off due to no power from the reversing light.
But as i had a constant AV signal coming from my analog DVR / dashcam and into the radio AV in i had to switch away from the AV in manually, which was quite easy and no hassle at all.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N A139 5