SD Card issues

I wish I had known that these cameras didn't need a class 10 card before this, oh well!
Every time I look at a MicroSD card it seems to only be a dollar or a little more for a higher class card so I have always stuck with class 10 cards that way if need be I can swap them between my phone and DashCam and still get good speed pulling things like pictures and videos taken with my phone through a card reader at a decent speed.

Transcend 32 GB Class 4 $20.10

Transcend 32GB Class10 $21.42

Every time I look at a MicroSD card it seems to only be a dollar or a little more for a higher class card so I have always stuck with class 10 cards that way if need be I can swap them between my phone and DashCam and still get good speed pulling things like pictures and videos taken with my phone through a card reader at a decent speed.

Transcend 32 GB Class 4 $20.10

Transcend 32GB Class10 $21.42
I spent around $10 more than that for my card only 'cause I was getting spooked by some stories of fake class 10 high GB cards being sold out of Amazon/Ebay, so I went with Tiger Direct I think it was....but that is how I figure the rationale too, a device can be "overchipped"so to speak, but not too many devices will tolerate a lower speed chip.

I was getting spooked by some stories of fake class 10 high GB cards being sold out of Amazon/Ebay
As long as you buy a name brand card directly from Amazon or buy a seller that is Amazon fulfilled if you do turn out to have issues with it amazon will take care of it with a free return and replace or credit. I buy all my cards as Sold By Amazon and have never had an issue.

eBay I would stay away from in terms of memory cards.

I wish BestBuy stocked other brands because they price match Amazon but my local stores seem to not carry any other brands and until recently without price matching you might as well trade in a Tablet to get a memory card there. They have just recently been keeping their price on Micro cards sort of competive with Amazon. They used to charge 80 dollars for a 32GB micro card.

I heard class 10 is a no no for this device

This can't be true. All my cards are class 10 and they work fine, and I have a number of G1Ws + DVR207s.

This can't be true. All my cards are class 10 and they work fine, and I have a number of G1Ws + DVR207s.
It depends on the class 10 cards. Some brands just wont work with the G1W. You're always fine with something lower than Class 10

It depends on the class 10 cards. Some brands just wont work with the G1W. You're always fine with something lower than Class 10

I can accept sometimes there may be compatibility issues for certain brands. But my experience (4 G1Ws, 5 DVR207S, + a few other clones) so far has been positive, mainly using Transcend & Kingston class 10 SD & microSD cards. They also happen to be the cheapest class 10 I can find. In fact back when I was using the older DVRs (with gapped recording), class 10 was the only recommended cards which minimized gaps in recordings. I see no reason going for anything less than class 10 since the $ difference is that small.

Back