SD card question

metalman228

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I am a newbie dashcam owner, having just purchased a HD720P DVR007 from Ebay estore009. While I am waiting for it to arrive from China I am gathering a few necessary accessory's IE: the SD card. Here is the one I am contemplating using: Transcend 32 GB Class 10 SDHC Flash Memory Card (TS32GSDHC10)

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003P3 ... PDKIKX0DER

I am looking for opinions on this card. It seems to be the best "bang for the buck" card i found and it had good reviews on Amazon.

FYI- I downloaded the SD Formatter 3.1 for SD/SDHC/SDXC to my PC to use with whatever SD card i end up purchasing.
I also plan to buy: OGEAR 12-in-1 USB 2.0 Pocket Flash Memory Card Reader/Writer GFR209 to use when formatting the card.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AW ... PDKIKX0DER

Any formatting/set up tips would also be appreciated! :D

Thanks!!

I checked out the sandisk card, but it looks totally different in appearance. Would this card fit correctly?

The reason I am buying the card reader is due to the many posts i read stating that some users have had issues formatting the card in the camera and then it not working in the camera for some reason, and i figured for how cheap the reader was i would be prepared either way to make sure i could format the card and have it work correctly if my camera was touchy.

Sandisk card comes with adapter:
817wx-g85fL._SL1500_.jpg

This makes adds a bit of versatility in using the card across different devices, like mobile, tablet etc.

Let me attempt to explain the difference between formatting options:

1) Through camera and camera is not plugged to computer. In this, one formats card using the camera menu. (some users have experienced problems through this.

2) Card in camera and camera is connected to computer through USB. In this, computer detects the card as external storage device and read the card contents. One can safely format the card using this option. This is one of the proffered method of formatting.

Wow Leo, thats a pretty nifty card!!

Ok, I guess i will probably stay with the card I was originally looking at as long as it will perform good in the camera .

So if i get you correctly, no one is formatting their SD cards using a reader??

They are only doing it INSTALLED in the camera, but maybe hooked to their PC. I must have missed that fact as I was reading the posts here on the forum :roll:

Last edited by a moderator:
Back