SD Memory Cards

Bad Driving Canada

Reaction score
Hi everyone, I have a couple of questions I would like to ask all the dash cammers out there.
I have a website and I am slowly trying to add some products. Things are still in the beginning
stages and there are only 2 cheap Chinese model Dash Cams there now. I've made contact with
a supplier of Kingston SD Memory Cars in China who also supply Walmart and others with some
of their stock.

My questions are,

1) What do you think of the Kingston Brand?

2) What size memory capacity do you use?
-I am not bothering with 64GB cards as they are SDXC
and most dash cams I know of are SDHC and won't be compatible with the 64GB.
I am looking at getting 16 and 32 GB SD cards. Class 10.
Should I even bother with 8 GB?

3) Dash Cam models to carry. Suggestions?

Thanks everyone for your help. I'm near Toronto, Canada in case anyone wants to know.

Drive Safe.

Not sure how well they are known in each market but Kingston (so I'm told) are actually the largest memory manufacturer in the world, I would think that's a good brand to carry if you can get good pricing

I use Kingston 16 and 32 Gig Class 4 cards in a few devices: 808#16, Mobius and a Samsung GS3 (that destroyed a Class 10 SanDisk Ultra UHS I card). No problems at all.

Good experiences whit Kingston MicroSDs, cheap and work whiteout complain

running well at backup cellphone and my cheap 4$ Mp3 player.

also i recommend Samsung MicroSD - Plus Line class 10, Working well at my Ls300W and my GPS Foston.
at GPS an class 10 does turbo map loading :mrgreen: very useful on heavy thing like Igo Primo.

O2zxpCM.jpg

cChUm0W.jpg

Just make sure what they are selling are GENUINE Kingston cards.

Just about all brands have fakes coming out of China and its hard to tell till you get them and try it out and find out instead of a 32G class 10 its actually a 4g class 4 or similar.

I got caught with Sandisk fakes on Ebay but after threatening to expose the seller I got a full refund.

I now use Samsung class 10 with good success.

Have also been caught with fake Motorola bluetooth headsets. Only once though and got a refund on that as well.

How do you identify them? Appart from the label they all look physically identical to me.

cantremember said:
How do you identify them? Appart from the label they all look physically identical to me.

they fakes are almost always screen printed rather than laser printed, you need to have the card before you know though

you can indentify also running this software
http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/Sys ... estw.shtml

he will force the card till write all data capable, if fake going give you a error

example this fake Sandisk 64GB i got while a go.

another tip , don´t get sandisk on ebay , is a close aways fake.

Attachments

• FakeSandisk64G.jpg
    FakeSandisk64G.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 208
Last edited by a moderator:
GeorgesNJR said:

he will force the card till write all data capable, if fake going give you a error

Yes and on Ebay there is a how to identify fakes article IS a worthwhile read

Hillbilly said:
GeorgesNJR said:

Yes and on Ebay there is a how to identify fakes article IS a worthwhile read

for me i aways run away from chinese dealers at ebay a basic essay , and i try get from north american stores. that i know will give me warranty.

Back