Selfish driver with no care for HWY traffic

dashy

Reaction score
Country
Australia
Look closely at 2-3 seconds car enters from side road causes me to hit my brakes with other vehicles around me and a truck that nearly rear ended me as it was looking to overtake or something.
Car goes straight to the shoulder(illegal) and decides after a few seconds of low speed to gun it and come in front of a truck, and it wasn't accelerating too fast. I was 6 seconds from the side street so 150m away when it jumped to the shoulder.

Yes, I'd consider that failing to give way.

I don't mind the immediate turning into the space outside of the lane, but there was no effort to merge without affecting other drivers. That's not on.

Yes, I'd consider that failing to give way.

I don't mind the immediate turning into the space outside of the lane,

I do, the car was at a side road, it is not safe(and illegal) to go to the shoulder not knowing how wide it is and with a chance of getting killed if truck behind me didn't see it and edges to the left and on top of it.

Doing things like this when safer alternatives were in place is just taking big risks.

This was taken by a friend on I-5 south of Seattle, WA, watch what happens at 1:55 of the video

watch what happens at 1:55 of the video
Whoa! Hope he provided that video to the highway patrol later! Could help them to sort the mess out. Fantastic how the uninvolved witnesses all left right away.

blame our litigious society. nobody wants to risk helping someone because they might get sued for not doing so perfectly. it's a sad state of affairs.

Back