Selling dashcams..

petepete

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I m finding people are more aware of them, and want to learn more when they ask about mine and see them fitted..

Mentioning I have some for sale at I m finding £30 is a sweet spot they are prepared to pay there and then and dont even bother to research them or ask what they are.

Rather than sell "the big issue" I reckon there is a living to be made cold calling door to door and knocking out the £11 ebay ones for £30 :D:D

You could always sell them out of a white van?

'Psst, buddy, I work for an electronics importer and we got an extra case of fine quality dash cams I was told to get rid of.... They normally sell for $500, but I can let you have one for $200.'

I m finding people are more aware of them, and want to learn more when they ask about mine and see them fitted..

Mentioning I have some for sale at I m finding £30 is a sweet spot they are prepared to pay there and then and dont even bother to research them or ask what they are.

Rather than sell "the big issue" I reckon there is a living to be made cold calling door to door and knocking out the £11 ebay ones for £30 :D:D
You are not trying hard enough, everyone knows that you can get £50 off your car insurance by fitting one so you should be able to sell them for at least £50, after all at that price they are effectively free ;)

Then you can do a deal with an insurance broker to hand out insurance advert leaflets as you go round offering £50 off with a dashcam which not only proves that you can actually get £50 off on the spot but also brings you commission on the insurance sales :)

Then you need to make sure that the terms and conditions of the insurance require professional installation of the dashcam and an annual service/check-up which is where you make your real money...

You could always sell them out of a white van?

'Psst, buddy, I work for an electronics importer and we got an extra case of fine quality dash cams I was told to get rid of.... They normally sell for $500, but I can let you have one for $200.'

surprised that hasn't happened already

Actually a rolling 'office' in a minivan that had working dashcams installed, would probably work. :) Sit the people down, let them see them working, push the buttons.
:)

Got a rattle on my exhaust after heavy rain and called to have it sorted..

They did it for free in minutes and minutes later the 3 staff bought dashcams off me (second hand G1wh as new boxed £30 but I paid £2 for them)

Sold two in minutes (other make) to a woman running a newsagents out of town I ve never met before and I really do think you would struggle NOT to sell 10 a day cold calling with minimal demonstration and the beauty is they are doing this without even researching or having any other knowledge about dashcams and just assume a dashcam is a dashcam... I havnt even mentioned an insurance discount.

Quite literally you could buy at under £10 on ebay for the old flip down thingy and knock them out with a £20 a piece profit all day long.

for the nay sayers...

I remember one morning in a plumb centre where all us local plumbers (16 of us ) gathered for a hot free drink before work and a gypsy walked in selling video recorders at £150 a piece. He sold one to all of us plus the staff and I was the only one without that amount of cash but was daft enough to go and get it and some even bought 2.

He took over £3000 cash in 30 minutes.

I tried mine within an hour and realised it was crap and went back to the plumb centre and managed to sell it to one of the staff for £140 !

Just shows how blinkered and gullible bargain hunters can be !

Got a rattle on my exhaust after heavy rain and called to have it sorted..

They did it for free in minutes and minutes later the 3 staff bought dashcams off me (second hand G1wh as new boxed £30 but I paid £2 for them)

Sold two in minutes (other make) to a woman running a newsagents out of town I ve never met before and I really do think you would struggle NOT to sell 10 a day cold calling with minimal demonstration and the beauty is they are doing this without even researching or having any other knowledge about dashcams and just assume a dashcam is a dashcam... I havnt even mentioned an insurance discount.

Quite literally you could buy at under £10 on ebay for the old flip down thingy and knock them out with a £20 a piece profit all day long.

Just shows how blinkered and gullible bargain hunters can be !
I think you better start praying they don't find this forum and read this thread... :rolleyes:

One of my colleagues has just bought a camera for £20, as advertised atop the petrol pump at the forecourt.
I'm amazed they are allowed to store them anywhere near petrol fumes!

They're probably safe unless you apply current.
:)

i always find it funny that people aren't even willing to pay one months of car insurance worth on a dash cam that could save them a $500 deductable.

i always find it funny that people aren't even willing to pay one months of car insurance worth on a dash cam that could save them a $500 deductable.
Though one month of my car insurance premium wouldn't buy anything worth owning! One benefit of not driving a a Skyline GTR or similar :)

Back