Sending G1W back for an rma....

XtremeModder

Reaction score
Country
Canada
Before I send one of the 2 G1W cameras back for Rma, I was curious if anyone else had this issue and if there is an easy fix...

My G1W seems to work fine with no issues. The second one is for my brother in law for his birthday in October and good thing I tested it. It seems that after a few seconds to a few minutes, the screen will shut off and be completely unresponsive. Whether it saves the file or not I have yet to see as I am at work.

Has anyone here had this issue and if so, we're you able to fix it and if so how did you fix it? I don't believe it's an overheating issue as this happens when using it in a house that has the air conditioning on as well.

Have you tried without screensaver?
I mean set it to be on all the time and see if it still does that.

Will do that after work.

On my other unit that works well, if I hit any button the screen comes back on right away. With this one nothing happens and I have to turn it off then back on...

Where and what Vendor did you buy from?

Will do that after work.

On my other unit that works well, if I hit any button the screen comes back on right away. With this one nothing happens and I have to turn it off then back on...
Menu settings may be different on those two units.

I'm not gonna call out the vendor and make them look bad just yet, so far they seem to be handling it but I have yet to see
That's fair enough. I just like to keep a little tab on who's who with these G1Ws to keep others from getting knock off cameras or bad service.
Good luck with your RMA

It is a genuine camera from a recommended seller on here, that's all I will say. Service seems ok for now it's just annoying that this somehow got past any quality control...

Back