Senior citizen needs basic A118 help

DavidB

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have just received my A118-C dash cam. In order to program it, I need to enter the "Standby Mode", which unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to do. I have poked and prodded and pushed every button, I have whispered sweet nothings and I have cursed; I have read the forums and watched several U-Tube videos, all to no avail. It must be some mysterious combination of pushing multiple buttons simultaneously while scratching my left ear, or... ?

Stop the recording by hitting the "rec" button and this should put the dashcam into standby mode to allow you to access the menu, etc.

if you'd rather fiddle with it in the house, than the car, you can use the USB cable that came with it and connect the other end to a standard smartphone or other USB charger.

Thanks! I knew it would be something simple; the simpler it is the worse I feel. I could have sworn that I tried that, but obviously I hadn't. Now when my new truck arrives today or tomorrow, I will be all set. Thanks again.

Gabacho and Gibson99, thank you both also. I had figured out the USB and charger. The sad thing is that I used to be a real techy, way back when.

Gabacho and Gibson99, thank you both also. I had figured out the USB and charger. The sad thing is that I used to be a real techy, way back when.
i remember when being called a hacker was a compliment. i'm not quite sure when it changed from having positive connotations to negative ones. maybe the moron-stream media got the terms phreaker and hacker mixed up. or stupidly lumped them together, as they often do. "hey, they both end in "-ker" so they must be the same thing, right? :rolleyes: *facepalm*

BOFH? Me?? (why yes, yes indeed...)

i remember when being called a hacker was a compliment. i'm not quite sure when it changed from having positive connotations to negative ones. maybe the moron-stream media got the terms phreaker and hacker mixed up. or stupidly lumped them together, as they often do. "hey, they both end in "-ker" so they must be the same thing, right? :rolleyes: *facepalm*

BOFH? Me?? (why yes, yes indeed...)
:)

It's better to ask and get it done rather than reinventing the wheels.
No question is dumb question unless the question is about something related to dumb. :D

No question is dumb question unless the question is about something related to dumb. :D
i've heard 2 versions of that (well, now 3).

1: The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
2: The only dumb question is one where you already know the answer.

i've heard 2 versions of that (well, now 3).

1: The only dumb question is the one you don't ask.
2: The only dumb question is one where you already know the answer.
Had a law professor tell us to never ask a question unless you already know the answer. Guess Chris Darden did not want to appear dumb when he asked OJ to try on the glove ;)

Had a law professor tell us to never ask a question unless you already know the answer. Guess Chris Darden did not want to appear dumb when he asked OJ to try on the glove ;)
Lawyers are a whole other class of "special" though. I ought to know... I'm an IT guy at a large corporate law firm.

nope. but it's saddeningly similar to how childish the K-12 teachers and administration acted at the school district i worked for before coming to the law firm.
I totally understand. If I'm ever in Houston maybe we can get together and swap war stories over a couple adult beverages. ;)

Back