setting time (again)

Hebs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
It was working fine, but was left unpowered for some time and set to GPS time, although I don't have a GPS aerial. For some reason, it was recording with a timestamp in 2017 and the Android app option of "set time manually" wasn't working. So I put the SD Card into the laptop and fired up Blackvue viewer and set the date & time manually there. When I re-inserted it in the camera, it formatted the SD card and then the date was set to 1/1/1970! I tried manually setting it in the Android app again, but this still doesn't work. Any ideas?

It was working fine, but was left unpowered for some time and set to GPS time, although I don't have a GPS aerial. For some reason, it was recording with a timestamp in 2017 and the Android app option of "set time manually" wasn't working. So I put the SD Card into the laptop and fired up Blackvue viewer and set the date & time manually there. When I re-inserted it in the camera, it formatted the SD card and then the date was set to 1/1/1970! I tried manually setting it in the Android app again, but this still doesn't work. Any ideas?
If you haven't already done so, try uninstalling your phone app and reinstall; then try setting date again.

How old is the camera? Sounds like a dead RTC battery.

Thanks for the replies, guys. I've eventually found a few minutes to have a go at this and reinstalled the Android App and connected to the phone. On the first attempt to set the date & time manually, the camera rebooted but nothing changed. On the second attempt, it rebooted and formatted the SD card and updated the date & time correctly. So I don't understand what's going on, but at least it fixed it.

Thanks again for the responses.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
noblerare DR590/DR590W (1CH or 2CH) 1
Back