SG9663DC bug list

sorry, just trying to be clear on what you're pointing out, (correct me if I'm wrong), 42B was your last rear file, your next recordings were 43B and 44A but should have been 43A and 44B so the rear channel started first but front and rear files are correct as per the A and B but not by number, is that right?

sorry, just trying to be clear on what you're pointing out, (correct me if I'm wrong), 42B was your last rear file, your next recordings were 43B and 44A but should have been 43A and 44B so the rear channel started first but front and rear files are correct as per the A and B but not by number, is that right?
Correct. 42B was the last rear file. Typically the next 2 files would have been 43A/44B (front/rear) but in actuality were 43B/44A (rear/front). The actual content of the files is consistent with the A/B naming convention - just the creation of the 'B' file first is the anomaly.

(Just paraphrasing to make sure we're saying the same thing.)

Correct. 42B was the last rear file. Typically the next 2 files would have been 43A/44B (front/rear) but in actuality were 43B/44A (rear/front). The actual content of the files is consistent with the A/B naming convention - just the creation of the 'B' file first is the anomaly.

thanks, all good, just wanted to make sure I understood it correctly before I talk to the engineer

Display mode is not saved. For example, if I switch to just front view mode then cycle the power, the PIP view with rear camera returns. Even if I reformat.

Not a bug with the unit but a suggestion for the Manual update. I was quite happy that I was able to use the shorter 3 m video cable (90/90) in my F150 SuperCrew routing thru the headliner. It was just long enough. I had to use a fishtape at each end to shortcut the corners. Imagine my surprise when I couldn't attach the rear camera cable to the main unit as the GPS antenna cord was in the way. Turns out the 3 m video cable is really (90R/90L). Each end turns the opposite way. Pull cable out, reverse direction, pull back in the opposite way, mission accomplished. Perhaps just a word or two added to the description denoting the different ends would prevent others from making the same error in install.
i.e.
"3M Video cable – Rear camera connection cable suitable for through roof lining installations in sedans and compact cars." Each 90 degree end is angled differently, only one end adapts to the unit without interfering with GPS plugin!

I would suggest always routing the 3m cable on the left side of the headliner of the vehicle because of the way the ends are angled.

File name bug appears to be very repeatable. Since my last report of this I have reformatted the card - just in case it may play a part. Yesterday the sequential number portion of the file name 'reset' itself when the camera was powered off. As seen in the attached screen shot the sequential portion of the file names progressed nicely from 098, 099, ....., 103, 104 at which point the camera was powered off. An hour later when powered back on numbering commenced at 005, 006, ......

Looks like the F/W is 'forgetting' the high order digit when it's anything other than '0'. :D

View attachment 35061

@jokiin - Just a follow up on these 2 items to point out that these behaviors occur with F/W 1.18 as well. I have examples if you'd like to see them but they're no different than what's already been posted.

@jokiin - Just a follow up on these 2 items to point out that these behaviors occur with F/W 1.18 as well. I have examples if you'd like to see them but they're no different than what's already been posted.

sorry I should have updated you previously, I checked with the engineer and the file order like that is not a bug, it's expected, the playback software will need to take this into account when handling the files

Back