SG9663DR recieved.

playing back the raw file with potplayer the audio level slowly increase until 75% or so where it max out.
I have also noticed this with PotPlayer and videos from various cameras, especially when there is not much noise, such as recording when parked.

Not sure if potplayer has some kind of auto gain control setting maybe, aside from the occasional unusual audio behaviour it's otherwise a really good player

Bonus parking mode file ( all of one ) from the back yard where i park my car, but the thing here is listen to the audio level.
But that level ( if it is MIC gain or what ever ) it reset to 0 with every new file and then slowly ramp up, i would assume if it was intended the level should stay up.
Also my car was totally sealed up, and as you can see on the tree it was not that windy today.

There's a clicking sound every second or two.

Last edited:
Yep figured out there was a long press to power the thing down.
Also used the wifi and APP on day #1 but just for leveling the rear camera.

The way i have it "installed" i am also testing the wires and connectors, which i am sure will do fine with what i am doing to them. :)

Not a bug but don't you guys hear it?

I did notice a repeating noise using pot player, but not something i focus on.
I really should get myself a headset again, so i have a chance of listening in close to stuff, the speakers in my monitor / any monitor are not the greatest sources of sound.

BUT ! this month i have blown the budget, so will have to lay low for a while on the procurement of things.

there's no other noise when you're parked and there's a very faint noise in the background of the audio, the audio is quite sensitive on this model

Ill say, and i like that.
I think later today i might be able to capture rain falling on my parked car, and if i am lucky some lightning too

Just like dashcams dont do cinematic video i am perfectly fine with they dont do cinematic sound too, so what i hear in the audio dont bother me at all.

Yesterday driving with the windows down in the front doors, i several times had wind fluttering noises :) if i was overly sensitive to this i would have to look for one of those fluffy wind breakers

obviously there will be some variation depending on where the remote gets mounted so it really needed to be sensitive to accommodate as many install possibilities as is practical, mounted down low on the console for example would yield a lot different results than a camera with mic stuck to the window would

Yes you opened up a few cans of worms with this one, but as long as they get on a hook and into the river its all fine.

yes like unboxing, but i am special and a trailblazer, so i have already opened the box and taken all the stuff out of it before the video, and then while filming instead i put all the stuff back in the box while i talk about it ( not as neat as the factory do )
And hey presto you have a inboxing video. :)

I am hoping it will be the next big thing and it will make me a mountain of money.

You can also try a variation of speed "deboxing" video.

KuoH

And hey presto you have a inboxing video. :)

I am hoping it will be the next big thing and it will make me a mountain of money.

Okay today i reloaded the firmware on the camera, but that did not make any change what so ever in regard to be able to connect to its wifi.

gemt = saved
Tilslutter = connecting
forbindelse afbrudt = connection disconnected

I will have to try another devise than my phone tomorrow ( to see if i can connect to wifi using that )

BTW 2.0. It would be nice if the 2 camera wires was marked with camera 1 and camera 2 ( i dont think they are ) so i of course had to switch the two around so camera 1 is the front camera and camera 2 is the rear camera.
My DR is installed with the 6m cable to the front camera and the 4m cable to the rear camera, so I'm glad that SG did not put 'front' and 'rear' labels on the cables.

Yeah labelling the cables wouldn't really work as you may wish to use them differently to someone else, there's no real standard install for this type of camera

Last edited:
m = meters
It was just towards suggestion about labelling the cables. To put "4m" and "6m" labels on their ends. (as anything else will not work due to different possible installation scenarios)

Back