SG9663DR update

One thing I like about the SG9663DR is that there is no flashing red LED on the windscreen. The same possibly applies to all remote cameras, but it's still nice to have.The remote LED can be placed where it's not a visual distraction, plus the LED can be turned off if desired.

One thing I like about the SG9663DR is that there is no flashing red LED on the windscreen. The same possibly applies to all remote cameras, but it's still nice to have.The remote LED can be placed where it's not a visual distraction, plus the LED can be turned off if desired.
My initial spot for the remote button was high on the dash, but then I was afraid it would be too distracting at night. Not sure if having it lower down will greatly affect the performance of the microphone.

Anyone else have a really hard time getting the protective sheet off VHB tape on the the remote? This seems to happen more often when the VHB tape has a foam layer.

Last edited:
My initial spot for the remote button was high on the dash, but then I was afraid it would be too distracting at night. Not sure if having it lower down will greatly affect the performance of the microphone.

Anyone else have a really hard time getting the protective sheet off VHB tape on the the remote? This seems to happen more often when the VHD tape has a foam layer.
My remote button / MIC is low down between the seats. It does not seem to affect the sound.

Yes, that particular tape liner is hard to peel off.

hehe yeah i also struggles putting in my MIC button :)

I have the microphone to the left of my gear shift and the sound pickup is pretty good. But very noticeable is the jiggling my car fob swinging off my car keys. I also think I hear the pressing of the pedals.

hehe yeah the rattling keys i get too, and on all dashcams even the ones on the windscreen.
There is nothing wrong with the MIC in the DR model, i have also been stopped at red lights with the windows open, and recording conversations of people walking buy.

yeah the mic is quite sensitive on this model, there's no fixed location where we know it will be used like you get with a regular camera that is mounted on the window so it needed to be more sensitive to allow for that

Get yourself a Tesla Model 3/Y, no giggling keys needed, just keep your phone on your body.

Will also help to the guy who keeps loosing his car in the parking lot and is discussing WiFi/etc in the other thread, because Teslas have GPS tracking in Tesla App. ROFL

U.S. sales there is 10% site wide coupon code " 4JULY2020" for the next 5 days. That's $30-$40 savings depending on what size card and free shipping. Would have been nice for me to save $36 but I would not have it in hand right now as they are still on pre-order.

@Street Guardian USA

Is this coupon still valid? Says 1 more day on the top countdown bar but says it expired on checkout.

@Street Guardian USA

Is this coupon still valid? Says 1 more day on the top countdown bar but says it expired on checkout.
I just did a test buy on the USA site (07/07/20 @ 8am pst) and it is working now, 10% off for the rest of today. If you don't see it when you apply, proceed to checkout and it should be there in the total.

Capture.JPG

Back