SG9665GC v1 and v2 Memory Cards

picturam verus

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have five Street Guardian dashcams.
One is a SG9665GC version 1 and two are SG9665GC version 2's.

What is the max size of memory card I can use ?
I ask this since I have read that the cards end up formatted FAT32 and in theory would no be any larger than 32GB.

If I can use a 64 or 128 or 256, how does that work properly formatted as FAT32 ?

Thanks for any guidance.

On our older products I would go 256gb maximum. The camera will format the card fat32. Make sure you’ve updated to the latest firmware or you may find formatting a new or pc formatted exfat card difficult. The new firmware system will automatically prompt you to format a new card if it’s not fat32 already.

On our older products I would go 256gb maximum. The camera will format the card fat32. Make sure you’ve updated to the latest firmware or you may find formatting a new or pc formatted exfat card difficult. The new firmware system will automatically prompt you to format a new card if it’s not fat32 already.

Thank you for the rapid reply.

If the 64, 128 and 256 cards get formatted as FAT32 will they be readable on a Windows PC,
and could they be reformatted by a pc for use in other devices ?

Any card Formatted fat32 via dashcam can be read in any computer (of course). If you “format” the card on a computer it will turn back to exfat though.

Back