SGGCX2PRO+ produces exact same file size when driving and parking

quikfire

Reaction score
Country
Singapore
Just installed a hardwire kit for SGGCX2PRO+, everything has worked well, loving this setup.

However, this morning after my drive to work, I pulled my recordings and found that driving recordings were sized the exact same as parking mode recordings. Since the driving recordings were on higher bitrate (as they should), they were cut off at around 47 seconds mark, to match the size (~120MB) of parking mode recordings (3 minutes, 30fps). Before the hardware kit, driving recordings were recordings 3 minutes for a size of about 470MB.

Last night I had no such issue, when I parked my car for dinner. After I had driven home post-dinner, recordings were all 3 minutes long with their respective bitrates and file sizes.

Seems like the issue only happened when parking overnight. :unsure:

Any clue?

It sounds like something @Street Guardian USA might be able to discuss. By including their name with the @ symbol, their attention will be drawn to your question. Since you're in Singapore maybe @niko or one of the other SG folks will be able to help (I don't know which SG person handles Singapore).

This seems to be a problem with my microSD card- testing with h2testw on my Samsung Pro Endurance 256GB, it was writing at speeds of 1-2MB/s, which explains why I was losing footage between consecutive recordings. I used the SD Card Formatter and now speeds are back to 70MB/s. After a night in parking mode, h2testw reported write speeds of 30MB/s that gradually built up to 68MB/s, as if the card was warming up (or maybe cooling down! It was hot when I removed it from the dashcam).

Anyone experienced something similar? Wondering if the Samsung Evo Plus microSD line would fare better.

This seems to be a problem with my microSD card- testing with h2testw on my Samsung Pro Endurance 256GB, it was writing at speeds of 1-2MB/s, which explains why I was losing footage between consecutive recordings. I used the SD Card Formatter and now speeds are back to 70MB/s. After a night in parking mode, h2testw reported write speeds of 30MB/s that gradually built up to 68MB/s, as if the card was warming up (or maybe cooling down! It was hot when I removed it from the dashcam).

Anyone experienced something similar? Wondering if the Samsung Evo Plus microSD line would fare better.
I had that exact thing happen with a brand new Samsung EVO Select 512GB - card tested with extremely slow write times causing issues with the video recording. Did a low level format with SDFormatter and everything has been fine since.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Street Guardian 2
Back