SGZ12RC General Comments

huh? 2nd production on the new lens is in the works but you are also working on a 3rd version? what's the difference? thx

there's some other hardware variants being worked on, still in the planning stages so quite a way away at this stage though

Looking forward to the new lens as well. I got the same issue here in Vancouver Canada. Got it from CDC so I think I should contact Robert when it is available. :)

Looking forward to the new lens as well. I got the same issue here in Vancouver Canada. Got it from CDC so I think I should contact Robert when it is available. :)
Shouldn't be much longer.
Once we get the replacement lenses in, we will be sending replacement to all our RC customers for free :)

Hardwire kit not necessary. My SGZC12RC is set to function in buffered motion sensing mode when driving & when parked. The use of motion detection while driving is not advisable for most cameras, however, it's entirely reliable with the SGZC12RC.

The camera is plugged into the 12v accessory socket. At the same time it's also plugged into my 5v Anker 13000mAH power bank.

With the SGZC12RC, sited next to it's 12v power socket is a Micro USB socket. It's primary purpose is as a factory service port. It's secondary use is as a 5v power input, as documented by @niko in several videos.

While driving, the camera is powered by the car's 12v supply. When I park & switch off the engine, I simultaneously press the power switch on the power bank, & the camera seamlessly continues recording.

I really do like russ331's method of powering up the camera via 12v/5v and using motion detect mode.
This because I am absolutely unwilling to trust any device, even a quality PANODP, to protect my battery.

However I see many posts indicating that the PANOBD is the way to go.
The question becomes
Is russ331's method not valid?
And if so, why not?

No simple yes or no answers please; & no sitting on the fence.
Convince me with knowledge only

I already have the switching figured out to go from 12v to 5v seamlessly/automatically when the car (12v) is turned off

Thanks

Ed

russ' method is very cool. I have the panoBDP because it powers 2x cameras. I'm also a little lazier than he and eliminating that extra step is worth it to me.

**and I also didn't think about the method until he posted it. :D

Thanks abarth
Any thoughts on what might happen if the SGZC12RC gets power via the 12V power socket and 5V va the Micro USB socket at the same time?
Either just for an few seconds or long term

Just thinking about what might happen if, for example, russ331 forgets to turn off the 5V and turns on the ignition.

Just thinking about what might happen if, for example, russ331 forgets to turn off the 5V and turns on the ignition.

I did forget to turn the Anker power bank off on one occasion. I realised what I'd done after a few minutes had elapsed, however, on checking the Anker I found that it had turned itself off. Quite a smart power bank :)

did forget to turn the Anker power bank off on one occasion. I realised what I'd done after a few minutes had elapsed, however, on checking the Anker I found that it had turned itself off. Quite a smart power bank :)
Thanks Russ.
That makes sense; and is good to know
My Limefuel shuts off when it senses there is no load on it.
Perhaps 12V input results in no current flowing via the MicroUSB

Last edited:
Back