SGZC12RC US English Manual?

chewonit

Reaction score
Country
United States
I just received my SGZC12RC from Amazon. I haven't set it up yet but the build feels solid and man the camera is tiny.

The package points to pier28 website for the US English manual. But the site says it's coming soon. I should be able to figure things out myself but just want to make sure I am not missing anything.

Welcome to the club, the basic touch screen operation is similar to the SGZC12SG. Please follow that for now until we can whip up some SGZC12RC specific instructions. Feel free to ask questions here as well.

Thanks. I do have a question. How is the clock maintained? Is it powered by the capacitor?

How do I turn off the startup chime? It's quite loud. ☺

Go to settings menu, select "Beep" OFF.

That doesn't seem to affect the actual startup chime unfortunately.

Change "BEEP SETTING" to "OFF"
(but be sure to have your camera plugged in, and memory card inserted for it to save)

Last edited:
My mistake you're right it works. I needed to have the memory card in and camera attached or it didn't save the beep setting to off for some reason. (testing on my bench) Now it's working :) I'll edit my original reply.

Last edited:
That does turn off the startup chime and also the beep. I wish I could turn off just the chime. I like the beep as operation feedback which helps confirming that I touched the button. So can you add this separate switches for beeps and startup tone? Thanks.

Back