Shadow 1s Car DVR FullHD 30FPS with light sensor by SeeZeus

Mine went into a similar state a few weeks after using it. I tried to use a larger memory card that was formatted with NTFS (instead of FAT32) but I don't see how this could be related. I contacted the manufacturer who replaced it. It has worked perfectly since this time, although I dared not change the memory card format again.

Do you have a rebrushing firmware?

Do you have a rebrushing firmware?

I don't know what you mean by rebrushing f/w. The memory card was reformatted on my computer. The actual fault was with the dash cam unit. The manufacturer replaced it with a new one after I returned the faulty unit.

Does anybody still have this camera and not working? I am interested about some internal pictures.

I was curious about the photolight sensor. I was thinking it's more complicated and have it's own PCB. But seems that it is using the CMOS PCB and maybe it just transmitting an on/off signal to the PCB and based on it the chipset is increasing or decreasing the image brightness.
If you have some more detailed pictures about this part I would like to see them.

Using a solenoid operated IR-cut filter that removes the filter at night was an interesting idea but as we saw from the performance of the Shadow 1s, this approach had only a limited effect in a dash cam.

For it to function like a CCTV camera it would need external IR emitters mounted outside the vehicle cabin.

I remember from the latest days of my Shadow 1S that the video image became pink on its most part.

I am interested only about the light sensor, not about how was working the camera when the light sensor detected that is night outside.

Shadow 1S light sensor.jpg

I remember from the latest days of my Shadow 1S that the video image became pink on its most part.

You might recall when I experimented with a varifocal IR lens (no IR-cut filter) on a Mobius camera where I talked about the magenta color cast on uncorrected sensor and posted examples with and without the IR filter . The pink color would be normal on any digital sensor without the IR-cut filter to correct for the infra-red effect.

I am interested only about the light sensor, not about how was working the camera when the light sensor detected that is night outside.

I have a light out in my driveway where I installed a photo sensor. It switches on the light at .5 lux as it gets dark out and then back on when it reaches 1 lux in the morning. I assume the sensor in the Shadow 1S works the same way.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mtz
Back