Shadow 1s Car DVR FullHD 30FPS with light sensor by SeeZeus

Hello,

I'm new to this forum.
In July I bought a Shadow 1s
I had many problems with this camera.
For example, the sound was very bad

The camera sometimes lost all the settings.

She ended up falling down completely after 15 days. Since I bought a A119C.

I like to know if I am the only one to have had these problems because this camera seemed to be a good product

Another video I made for a French forum

This has been mentioned somewhere before and I agree, the microphone is super sensitive. I think it is to record outside sounds when the windows are up but when there is music inside the car the sound is very distorted. I have not had any problems with any failures. This may be a power supply issue ???

On the video I posted , I had the windows closed .
The music of the car radio at normal volume . (1/3 of max power)
It was not too bad, because the camera must be placed at the back of the car with sound deactivated.

When the camera has failed (only the purple light illuminated), I tried several diets. I also contacted technical support, they sent me a firmware to flash the camera but it did not work.
Since I was refund by the seller and I return the camera

Within a week to finalize the firmware and give you a link.
Hopefully, the manufacturer will not be against it...)

@Falsificator
You got us excited with possible improvements to the firmware for the Shadow 1s. I am not pushing but is there any progress on this ?

I am not pushing but is there any progress on this ?
I promised, so do...
smile16.gif

Now a lot of work, there is no time to dashcams...

With a sound all very sad ...
Codec: Wolfson Microelectronics WM8974
WM8974.jpg
I found the audio codec settings in the firmware, but what exactly is responsible for what,
I do not know yet. Requested documentation describing the audio codec driver settings
from the manufacturer (not datasheet). Nothing yet...
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/9514/ppSsoMAvf

Last edited:
I recently purchased the Seezeus Shadow 1s and I'm pleased with the Video quality captured by the Dash Cam.

The only issue I have is the GPS, it never seems to acquire the satellites and shows the GPS icon with a line through it and in an attempt to resolve this I've updated the firmware to the latest version. Is there something I need to setup or could it be a faulty unit?

I recently purchased the Seezeus Shadow 1s and I'm pleased with the Video quality captured by the Dash Cam.

The only issue I have is the GPS, it never seems to acquire the satellites and shows the GPS icon with a line through it and in an attempt to resolve this I've updated the firmware to the latest version. Is there something I need to setup or could it be a faulty unit?

Try another place to catch a signal GPS.Najlepiej outside the car If you do not find that you have a broken GPS module. It is included in the menu by default

In an extreme case, you can check the GPS connector...

GPS.jpg

@Falsificator Did you ever get back to finishing this project ?
Shadow 1S [EN] (05052016) SHARP-MOD
=======================
-increased bitrate video
-improved sharpness
-color correction
-adjusted metering table
-other fixes
=======================
Do not forget to show the original video samples.
This will help to further the search for optimal parameters.
Good luck on the road!

Last edited:
Спасибо за новой фирмваре .у меня проблема с загрузкой плайера от производителя камеры.

Спасибо за новой фирмваре .у меня проблема с загрузкой плайера от производителя камеры.
Use the video player built into the new firmware...

Just 'gifted' one of these dash cams and here I find you can't download anything from the vendor's website - surprise surprise...

I was able to grab a copy of Falsificator's firmware, but have no method of installing it. Do you need the Shadow Player that was *supposed* to be on their website? Does anyone have a link to it for us poor orphaned owners?

Speaking of orphans, have the company's reps who participated back in the early days of this thread up and disappeared?

Thanks,
Joe

I have the 5/5/16 firmware, which only contains the firmware.bin file. I think you can just copy the file to the camera and it will install the new firmware. If you need the original 5/5 firmware, I might be able to email it to you, send a private message. The file is 20MB in size so I can't attach it to this post.

Thanks BBT - I already have the 5/5 firmware, but wasn't sure how to install it.

I did copy the .bin file to my SD card, but I cannot get the camera to work using PC USB power. Does it only work with the car connector or do I need more amps than a PC can provide?

UPDATE - ah ha! It needed more current than the USB port could provide. Found a DC wall wart to old style mini USB and it was able to power up. Found the firmware and told it to apply. Getting closer, so let's see if I can look at my recordings with the one 3rd party viewer I downloaded. :p

Last edited:
There are many players that can view the video. If you have issues it may be that you don't have the correct codec on your PC. Registrator is a popular viewer that also shows map details.

Last edited:
There are many players hat can view the video. If you have issues it may be that you don't have the correct codec on your PC. Registrator is a popular viewer that also show map details.

Thanks Mozzie. I downloaded Registrator so I will have to try that. I noticed on the memory card there was a program there that was able to view the file and showed the accellerometer data, but the map portion was broken. Of course, my GPS wouldn't sync in the house anyway, so it didn't really matter. I will temporarily mount the 1s in my car for the ride into work to see how it operates. :D

Back