Shadow 1s Car DVR FullHD 30FPS with light sensor by SeeZeus

we use a similar style lead but the box is over 3m from the camera

Which would not cause a problem when trying to hide the wire.

Hello, We choose the Sony IMX322 mainly to make top quality night vision.
@Nancy Lee, you have a very good sensor (2 MP) for a dashcam, no need to write on your site things like 4K quality or 18MP which are not real, look at my signature.
You can even copy the specs from my first post, is not a problem for me.

Will you release a new version of firmware which will include also English voice for warnings?

That would mean that I would have to buy an extra non-oem cable, so that one small thing would be a show stopper for me.
Maybe you will think to an angled cable, the actual cable is making the whole thing too big. In my tests I am using a A119 cable which is angled and is offering more free space for me to put more cameras for testing.
There are still some chinese things that I donyt understand:
- create a good camera with Ambarella chipset and adding an innovation like Light Sensor
- then using such brainless cable which can keep some people away from good things just because of a small detail.
- not using a good english. Is easy to send somebody with good english a free camera and he will help making your presentation page look at leas correct, if not great.

enjoy,
Mtz

Last edited:
Maybe you will think to an angled cable, the actual cable is making the whole thing too big.

Correct, with the USB on the side the cable needs to be a 90 degree cable. I would think that 90% of installations would want the cable to go straight up into the headliner. Actually I'm surprised that they designed it with the USB on the side instead of the top.

It is better designed on the side because I have also the A118 and because of straight USB cable and the A118 connector at the top, I could not mount the A118 at the top most position of my windshield as I wished. I see Seezeus just not thinking enough to add an angled USB cable instead of the bulky one from video.
But this is another chinese style story because I remember how many requests I made for some cameras like 808 #16, 808 #18, Innovv to offer an angled cable but they never offered if the solution was much better than original one. But is good I see some other chinese brands are very receptive to improve their products based on people good ideas feedback and I see more future for such companies.

enjoy,
Mtz

It is better designed on the side because I have also the A118 and because of straight USB cable and the A118 connector at the top, I could not mount the A118 at the top most position of my windshield as I wished.

Ok, I see your point about that, but then a 90 degree cable is a must and also no power converter near that end.

Reactions: Mtz
Yes, I agree with you, this should be the solution for buyers.

enjoy,
Mtz

Thank you for the reply Nancy, so what is the black box then? Is that the 12v to 5v converter? Having it there instead of in the cig lighter plug will make it very hard to hide the cable in a cars headliner.
@Nancy Lee, you have a very good sensor (2 MP) for a dashcam, no need to write on your site things like 4K quality or 18MP which are not real, look at my signature.
You can even copy the specs from my first post, is not a problem for me.

Will you release a new version of firmware which will include also English voice for warnings?

Maybe you will think to an angled cable, the actual cable is making the whole thing too big. In my tests I am using a A119 cable which is angled and is offering more free space for me to put more cameras for testing.
There are still some chinese things that I donyt understand:
- create a good camera with Ambarella chipset and adding an innovation like Light Sensor
- then using such brainless cable which can keep some people away from good things just because of a small detail.
- not using a good english. Is easy to send somebody with good english a free camera and he will help making your presentation page look at leas correct, if not great.

enjoy,
Mtz
we aready take out of the 4K on our price list quotation in the early, but forget to correct on our website. Today I aready told our colleague to correct. thanks for your remind.

A change in your cable design is also required Nancy Lee

You can look at XiaoYi Yi dashcam cable.

enjoy,
Mtz

It looks like gearbest has it already. with a 90 degree on the cable too. Any review yet?

Yeah, I saw 1S over 3 weeks ago appeared on Chinese market.
@"light sensor" / photo sensor - idea implementation I was talking few years ago. Maybe shadow took my idea ? I need to ask commission from them ;)
your any idea is most welcome, glad to know you are in the market of dash cam, hope we can cooperate in future. Shadow 1s is selling well now:)

I hope you will release firmware updates because are some bugs :
- at the first run of the day when speed limit is enabled camera is restarting. After reaching again speed limit it is not restarting again, just first time after car engine started.
- you need to fix hour because is always Chinese time, no matter what user is setting, hour is based only on GPS.
- you need at least english voices for warnings but to make your life simple just make some beep sounds,different for each type of warning.

enjoy,
Mtz

At least they have a website so there is a place where to offer firmware updates.

enjoy,
Mtz

Back