Sharing the Road

Tim

Reaction score
Country
United States
Believe it or not, this road is just 45 miles north of mid town Manhattan and is much longer than the video. I usually see no one, but today I got behind this guy.

I would have probably pulled over on the side of the road for 1 or 2 minutes if I was behind that truck. Don't want any rocks kicking up at me. I suffered a direct hit a few weeks ago and have a crack in my windshield.

I would have probably pulled over on the side of the road for 1 or 2 minutes if I was behind that truck. Don't want any rocks kicking up at me. I suffered a direct hit a few weeks ago and have a crack in my windshield.

In the UK the windshield is covered by the vehicles insurance policy, albeit usually with a small excess fee to pay if it does need replacing. Is it the same in the States?

In the UK the windshield is covered by the vehicles insurance policy, albeit usually with a small excess fee to pay if it does need replacing. Is it the same in the States?
Varies by state and what insurance company and the specific coverage you have. I carry 'full glass replacement' for these kind of situations. No deductible/excess.

Did he not pull over to let you pass?

It's only one lane with not much room to pass and the posted speed limit is 15mph. He's rolling pretty good for a small dump truck, but the part I did not show is us going up the pass. It was rather slow and I wish I had taken the long way around that day!

It's only one lane with not much room to pass and the posted speed limit is 15mph. He's rolling pretty good for a small dump truck, but the part I did not show is us going up the pass. It was rather slow and I wish I had taken the long way around that day!

Just in the short video, he drove past several good spots where he could have pulled over to let you get past

Back