Shorter cable for interior camera

Gooffeyguy

Reaction score
Country
United States
Is there a shorter cable (about 6") available for the interior camera? If not, can the original cable be shortened using a new connector?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I had my interior camera on the mirror stalk ( coming off the roof ) the distance between the main camera and the interior was 5-6 inches, but the surplus wire i just shoved up above the headliner.

Yeah, I know I can coil the extra wire up in the headliner. It'd be a lot easier if I had a shorter wire though.

I'm installing this in my wife's SUV and there is a built in camera already behind the mirror on the passenger side (collision avoidance/lane departure), so I was going to mount the main unit just under where the mirror is mounted to the glass and put the interior camera above the mirror just shy of center on drivers side. This would leave me with about a 5" straight shot down to the main unit.

Sadly, I reckon it wouldn't be feasible to package so many options, so they'll plump for a reasonable length solution that would hopefully suit the majority of buyers.

Having said that, I agree shorter or longer would be good, but it'll never happen in a commercially boxed product.

If not, can the original cable be shortened using a new connector?
Yes can be, you just need crimping pliers and the connector. And some may even need a magnifying glass :p

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R A139 4
S A139 51
Back