Should I wait for warmer weather to get my Mobius shipped from China?

monty

Reaction score
Country
United States
Hey gang,

Finally ready to buy the mobius for my car. I am curious though as to what people think of me buying during the winter months?

I am afraid because of the frigid weather it would be dead on arrival. Should I wait a couple months or get it now?

It says it takes about 12-31 business days to get here. When I buy stuff like china it takes about 2-3 weeks.

Right now we are around 30 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit / -1 to 6 Celsius but it has dipped to 5 to 12 degrees Fahrenheit / -15 to -11 Celsius.

Thoughts?

Thanks for any help!

My advice is to go with an authorized US seller.
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=25170905&postcount=2

I bought mine from SpyTec, since I was visiting Ny and could go to the store. TJ was very helpful and they have a great price for a dash cam package ($85). Another seller I explored was Novotm.com in Massachusetts, which also had a complete Dash cam package with a few extras and has great reviews ($88). Any of these will get it to you fast and the cold won't affect it.

Thanks for the replies. I found a reliable seller on ebay that is less than 15 miles away, ships next day, and has 100% feedback. It is $6 more but worth it. I'll order it Sunday night and hopefully be delivered by Wednesday.

Can't wait! :D

Make sure he is on the approved list I posted earlier. There are fakes out there

Hey gang,

I am afraid because of the frigid weather it would be dead on arrival. Should I wait a couple months or get it now?
Right now we are around 30 to 40 degrees Fahrenheit / -1 to 6 Celsius but it has dipped to 5 to 12 degrees Fahrenheit / -15 to -11 Celsius.

You should worry more about the Daleks hijacking it; as that's more likely.

Storage temps on solid state electronics are usually -20C if not -30. It simply is not an issue.

Back