Shut Up And Take My Money!

BayouCam

Reaction score
Country
United States
I have been looking at dash cams for close to a year now and finally pulled the trigger on a SG9665GC V2
After looking at the cheap ones and the top of the line I came to the conclusion that most of you already knew and that is Street Guardian is a great product.

The thing that really pushed me over the edge was after stalking Pier28's and jokiin's posts all of the forum and seeing the support and communication provided even if it wasn't a Street Guardian product.

With that said I'm in the US so Pier28 "Shut up and take my money!"
I went ahead and ordered it while on back order tonight so I hope to see it in a couple weeks :)

great choice, I got 4 of them and ordering another 3 in a week or two they are that good and proved reliable.

jokiin thanking "for the support"...
I'm balancing between irony, sarcasm, anachronism and plain funny. :D;)

@jokiin I think the way you and all the suppliers of Street Guardian treat your customers and the excellent products you supply you will always have the support of new customers buying your cameras and deservedly so. It was this forum and the excellent reviews from existing customers that convinced me to buy two SG9665CG cameras. I have already enjoyed the benefits of being able to have instant contact and back up.

I have been looking at dash cams for close to a year now and finally pulled the trigger on a SG9665GC V2
After looking at the cheap ones and the top of the line I came to the conclusion that most of you already knew and that is Street Guardian is a great product.

The thing that really pushed me over the edge was after stalking Pier28's and jokiin's posts all of the forum and seeing the support and communication provided even if it wasn't a Street Guardian product.

With that said I'm in the US so Pier28 "Shut up and take my money!"
I went ahead and ordered it while on back order tonight so I hope to see it in a couple weeks :)
What you have read is true. The best service and support you are going to find anywhere. Enjoy the great camera!

Yes, was a great move from SG to use the Sony IMX322 CMOS, and I think this was the only option for them because offering great support for a product with lower specs like AR0330 is time wasted. I know OV4689 is close quality to IMX322, but not need to look at few $$ when is about a a Sony product.
I hope they will continue in this way and to be not so scared to implement fast new (requested) things, new design ideas. The first small thing is angled USB cable for future products.

enjoy,
Mtz

Great news! I hope you will stay with Sony even for rear cameras if you have in plans a dual channel camera. I consider IMX322 very good for this.

enjoy,
Mtz

I am looking forward to trying those out! Combination of front and rear in a quality package would be welcomed for sure.

it has taken us a while before we have been able to offer a dual channel solution as until recently the available hardware choices we had were very limited, I think good video is important and the majority of what you see in dual channel currently struggles with video quality, stability is very poor on a lot of them also

it has taken us a while before we have been able to offer a dual channel solution as until recently the available hardware choices we had were very limited, I think good video is important and the majority of what you see in dual channel currently struggles with video quality, stability is very poor on a lot of them also

If the dual video turns out to be great I'll end up giving this unit to the wife otherwise I'm probably going to just order a second SG9665GC for the back glass.

I can't speak for any other dashcams but I also picked up a SG9665GC for my first dashcam a few weeks ago and I can't think of any aspect where it falls short. There are certainly some cheaper choices but I have no problem paying a bit more for quality and a proven track record. I think you'll be happy with your purchase when it arrives.

I can't speak for any other dashcams but I also picked up a SG9665GC for my first dashcam a few weeks ago and I can't think of any aspect where it falls short.

I miss the ability to review/delete/protect the clips on cam.

I miss the ability to review/delete/protect the clips on cam.
I'm not sure what you're saying here. Those functions are available on the GC. The small screen isn't ideal for this but the capability is there.

Back