Shutting down issue

vectra

Reaction score
Country
Ireland
First post.

I recently bought an 0803 and am very happy with it.
Yesterday I had a slight issue with it,
I have it wired so as when I turn off the ignition the Cam turns off after 30 seconds or so, But yesterday I noticed a sort of weird sound coming from the 0803 and it failed to switch off. I took it from its gps mount and tried all combinations of buttons to shut it off but it refused to do so.
I eventually removed the mem, card and just left it sitting in the center console in my car while I went to the store.
When I returned it had turned itself off. ( I assume internal battery went dead )
I replaced the mem card and slid the 0803 back in its mount.
Everything works fine again.

Anything i should check or be concerned about?

Thanks

Don't worry my friend, I have the same problem when modify the settings more fast, for the next time keep the power button for 10 seconds or more then the camera turn off.

I only have this problem with firmware 0510 but no with 0507 firmware.

I don't know if you have this firmware installed, but if it is not installed, I will recommend.
http://dashcamtalk.com/forum/thread...07-for-e-prance-8gb-internal-gps-2-card.5958/

Regards.

Hi,
Thanks for the swift reply.
I am unsure if that firmware will suit my 0803 as I do not have the internal 8gb memory.

Thanks again.

Hi,
Thanks for the swift reply.
I am unsure if that firmware will suit my 0803 as I do not have the internal 8gb memory.

Thanks again.
I think what the version with support for the internal 8GB memory is the same for two versions.

The problem is the firmware when only support external memory how 0510.

If you don't modify your firmware maybe have the 0507 version (I think what is the best firmware for now)

Regards.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Ouch77 Mini 0803 0
Farmerpug Mini 0803 5
Back